Options

Clamshell Leaking

does anyone have a solution for the back clamshell lid leaking on the sides where the running water from rain drains, I have caulked under the door and installed a rubber cover that is offered from "little guy" that they use on thier small campers.
thanks! 

Comments

• Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    What year and type of clamshell do you have?  The Dutchman clamshells had a lot of leaking problems from what I gather that had to be worked out over the course of a few years.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    My TJ camping group folks who create their own TDs have to extend the hinge so the water doesn't follow the lines down the side and leak. 

If you could give the year of your clamshell and perhaps a picture, that'd help target folks who would know more about this issue.

Keep us informed as you find out more. Best of luck in finding a solution!!!
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    Is it dripping when open? Or leaking in when closed?
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    According to his/her previous comments, this appears to be a Dutchman T@B. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    CCPICCCCPICC Member Posts: 43
    yes it is a 2010 dutchman T@B, it leaks when open and closed at the upper courner where the door fits down onto the track that holds it, I was thinking of adding more weather stripping like a heavier grade to fill the drain channel?   
  • Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    Yeah, I'm thinking you need a gasket replaced around the edge, if it is dripping through the channel inside. I only had hinge leaks and solved that by putting a piece of rubber over the hinge. Also, my piece of rubber extends out past the edge of the camper on both sides, so some of the water probably diverts past the side channels.

Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL