Options

Mounting a Bike rack

Any suggestions for mounting a bike rack on a CS-S with the outdoor galley? Please include pictures!

Comments

• Options
    swei0009swei0009 Member Posts: 18
    The Teardrop shop sells this one http://teardropshop.com/products/t-b-bike-rack

I'm going to try using my standard SUV bike rack.  Others also have a hitch extender gizmo that allows them to use hitch racks.
  • Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    Welcome jeffandmo.  There have been a few posts recently regarding mounting bikes.  You may find this one useful:

http://tab-rv.vanillaforums.com/discussion/comment/40256/#Comment_40256

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    edited June 2016
    I like my Arvika bike rack but did find recently that the knob style tighten down feature slipped a bit on one side so I eliminated both knobs and had the tube welded solid to eliminate the problem.   Yes, this eliminates me removing it temporarily, but I bought it to allow me to carry two bikes and don't plan on taking it off so this was not an issue.   They also make a bar that runs diagonally down to the tongue that costs around $50 as I recall, but I used a ratchet tie-down strap, installed an eye-bolt in the tongue base and saved $$$.  

Attached Image
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    jdargisjdargis Member Posts: 305
    I drilled and installed a bolt on each leg, when traveling.  I thought the twist knobs would loosen from the trailer bouncing, when I saw the design.  This way, we can still remove it, if our trip doesn't involve bicycle riding.
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    jdargis said:
    I drilled and installed a bolt on each leg, when traveling.  I thought the twist knobs would loosen from the trailer bouncing, when I saw the design.  This way, we can still remove it, if our trip doesn't involve bicycle riding.
    Had they lengthened the tube from the top down (that slides into the lower tube attached to the trailer) into the receiving tube it would have been a better situation as I needed additional height to allow for the removal of the propane tank.  At any rate the welding work has made the rack much stronger and I won't ever have to worry about it in the future and it is one less thing to worry about.  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    jdargisjdargis Member Posts: 305
    Just another note on using bolts.  I don't have a lot of faith in people, so it is more difficult to steal the rack or bikes.  I could have just used a couple of clip pins, that are used on the trailer tongue wheel, making for a quick removal, or to raise the rack for propane tank or access to the battery.  I, also left the tighten down knobs, to hold the rack higher if needed.