Options

Almost new T@B owners 2015 T@B S silver with blue trim. Delivery in October.

TabuTabu Member Posts: 10
Hello, I am Rita and my husband is Phil. We just ordered our 2015 T@B S with the upgrades (window, screen door, and larger water tank). It will be silver / blue trim.  I can't thank you enough for all the posts and discussions around this wonderful little trailer.  I actually knew more about the new options than the sales rep.  We also shared some of the innovative things done to utilize space with him. Some of the ideas he plans to use in his sales pitch.  Our only problem is the 500+ units on back order.  I really want my little trailer now, not in 3 months. But with the order we get the new upgrades which we really wanted. They started adding the window, and larger tank just 2 weeks ago.  We have had an RV in the past but this will be a whole new experience in camping lite.  I'm going to enjoy reading the posts, learning how things work and maybe it will help with the anticipation anxiety I have now that we have ordered it.

We have a 2013 Subaru Outback 3.5 and this little guy hits all the weight limits with room to spare.  

Rita & Phil
Tabu - Rita & Phil and Doli who is a 2015 silver frost/blue S Max being towed by a 2013 Subaru Outback 3.6l

Comments

• Options
    JustjudyJustjudy Member Posts: 75
    How big is the water tank going to be?
    Larry and Judy. 2015 T@B S M@xx. Silver with black trim. Bell@. Towed by a 2005 Toyota Tacoma.
  • Options
    TabyDDTabyDD Member Posts: 52

New on the forum and anticipating my new Tab in September.  Anyone from the Northwest, Seattle or Everett area?  Looking for any kind of tips or shared stories.  Would be great to rendezvous with other T@b people in and around Washington state;)  Thanks.

Diana

Seattle, Wa
  • Options
    SunnyTABSunnyTAB Member Posts: 65

HI there - We're in Seattle, Diana. We just went to a fun T@B rally in Olympia and have already met some great folks. You can always PM me with more specifc info if you don't want to post here (like where you live, etc.).

We're heading back out to Port Townsend with our Sunny T@B on the 16th. It's a great spot out there. Sept 13th we're heading to Prosser to the Wine Country RV Park. Maybe that would be a good shakedown cruise for you.

Welcome!

Tiff in Seattle

2012 BMW x3/2008 TCS "Sunny"

• Options
    TabuTabu Member Posts: 10
    The water tank will be a whopping 11 gallons. We plan on getting the PahQue side tent and having a front window that opens as well as 1 side window will sure help with a cross breeze.
    Tabu - Rita & Phil and Doli who is a 2015 silver frost/blue S Max being towed by a 2013 Subaru Outback 3.6l
  • Options

Thank you Sunny!  I'm in the Mukilteo area close to the ferry dock.  I must confess I have never hauled anything and I fell in love with the T@b not to long ago.  I have the S Maxx coming first week in September.  Will put Prosser on the calendar.  I am hunting for the appropriate vehicle as I have been driving a Mini Cooper for a few years.  Do you think a 4 cyl. will do?  Not sure what PM means, as I'm just learning about this forum.  I'm so excited to experience the world with my T@b beneath me.  Hoping for a trip to Montana the end of September.  Yikes.

Diana

Seattle, Wa
  • Options
    WanderooWanderoo Member Posts: 553

Diana -- I'm new to towing ANYTHING, and I got my T@B last November -- put her in storage and took my first trip in April of this year.  I would not recommend a 4-cylinder tow vehicle, as it limits your ability to go to higher altitudes and tackle hills with a level of confidence.  The T@B is an awesome little trailer and will "follow" very well, but you will probably not be satisifed with a 4-cylinder tow vehicle. If you are towing on mainly flat lands, a 4-cylinder works well, but throw in any hills + altitude, and the performance drops significantly.  I will be upgrading to a 6-cylinder vehicle before I retire in a year or so.  For now, I am satisfied to camp at locations that are within the limits of my tow vehicle.  Just my two cents' worth!!!

Congrats on your new T@B.  You will have a great time.      

:D
    Beth, 2015 Toyota Tacoma (Ramblin' Rose), 2014 T@B S M@xx (ClemenT@B)
  • Options
    Hi Diana - You're fairly close to us. Sunny is in storage on 99 in Edmonds. You can see her from the road heading north. We tow with a ten year-old Escape, and we got a big earful that it's not safe until we get the 7 blade connector hardwired to our car. That's kinda bs once I explained that we have surge brakes, but we're having it done so the batteries will charge as we're driving, easier hook-up, etc. 

Heck, there was a guy at the last rally who was towing with a Corvette. He laughed his ass off when I asked him what the tow capacity of the Corvette was (as in there isn't any).

If I had to buy a new tow vehicle (TV) right now, I'd buy a used Nissan XTerra because I think they're good-looking and I want the interior space for packing. Newer small SUV's don't seem to have super great towing capacity but many folks tow with a Subaru Outback and have no problem. I've seen a huge variety of TV's from a Ford Edge to bigger SUV's so there's quite a variety to choose from.

PM means Private Message. :) Ask anything any time.

Tiff in Seattle

• Options
    rverginiarverginia Member Posts: 21
    Or you could be like us and buy a tow vehicle so the colors match. :))
    Bob and Pam, Martha Lake, Washington 2015 T@B Q M@xx PorT@Bella, Mercedes GLK-350, Shitake the Kayak, and our bikes - Chan and trelle.
  • Options

LOL Bob - I've been looking for a Yellow XTerra but they stopped making them ages ago. Seems silly to trade in a ten year-old TV for an 8 year-old one!

We'll just borrow yours. White goes with everything.:)

Tiff in Seattle

• Options

Thanks for all the great feedback!  Just discovered how to use this forum today ;)  kinda.  I have been totally flummoxed over the last two weeks about what vehicle to buy, my T@b is due first week of September.  I drive a Mini Cooper, so will try and make the informed purchase (such a variety of opinions#%!) in the near future.  Wanderloo, I appreciate the clear suggestion regarding the 6 cylinder. The mountains are it.  Truly, when you honestly define your reasons for even getting the T@b  you will be given your answer.  I need the freedom to take on any mountain, desert or temperature.  Plus one hopes you won't be on the road for an extended period of time too often.  So, I've decided I will be renting a truck in hopes of starting the bonding process with my new buddy!  Hopefully get a feel for her demands and go forward with a decision after the wedding night!  SunnyTab thanks for your impute, would love to hear more stories or trip plans in the NW.

D 

Seattle, Wa
  • Options
    tphorntphorn Member Posts: 12
    we tow our 2013 Tab with a new Ford Escape.  We had a 7 pin plug wired to provide power to the tab to recharge when traveling.  The Escape has a 3500 towing capasity with the proper tow package..We have plenty of power when going on long trips so far.  Love our tab.
    Happy 2013 t@b owners Greentown, Ohio
  • Options
    JimboJimbo Member Posts: 118
    TabyDD, This post may be a bit late to help you with a vehicle selection. I have a 2006 Honda Ridgeline which came totally equiped to tow up to 5,000 lbs. I love the vehicle and have no problems towing with it. Used Ridgelines are almost impossible to find I hear and new ones can be difficult to find. But this has been an excellent vehicle over the 8 years I have owned it. Lots of storage in sided and in the large lockable trunk in the trucks bed. Just thought if you had not selected a TV you might want to check out a Honda Ridgeline.
    Jim, Kelseyville CA, 2013 T@B "Q", T@BCASA, Silver W/Yellow trim, TV: 2006 Honda Ridgeline 
  • Options

Jimbo

Thank you for the good information everyone! I did buy a 2015 Subaru Outback 4 cyl.  I know, but it's a start!  There is really no way to blend a practical city car (low mpg) to the more appropriate 'honkin' tow vehicle that will take you lightheartedly through the hills and mountains of our great country.  But I will try, slowly. It's just a car.  I can always switch, right?  The big question for me today is does the 2015 T@b model S have a little sink in the 'wet bath'.  I thought it did.  Does anyone know?

DD

Seattle, Wa
  • Options
    Tabu said:
    Hello, I am Rita and my husband is Phil. We just ordered our 2015 T@B S with the upgrades (window, screen door, and larger water tank). It will be silver / blue trim.  I can't thank you enough for all the posts and discussions around this wonderful little trailer.  I actually knew more about the new options than the sales rep.  We also shared some of the innovative things done to utilize space with him. Some of the ideas he plans to use in his sales pitch.  Our only problem is the 500+ units on back order.  I really want my little trailer now, not in 3 months. But with the order we get the new upgrades which we really wanted. They started adding the window, and larger tank just 2 weeks ago.  We have had an RV in the past but this will be a whole new experience in camping lite.  I'm going to enjoy reading the posts, learning how things work and maybe it will help with the anticipation anxiety I have now that we have ordered it.

We have a 2013 Subaru Outback 3.5 and this little guy hits all the weight limits with room to spare.  

Rita & Phil

Seattle, Wa
  • Options
    Congratulations Rita!  I will pick up my 2015 S T@b this Saturday.  I saw it today and it didn't have the little sink in the wet bath.  Can you recall if it comes with the corner sink.  I did see it when I first ordered it, but they may have dropped it.  Any thoughts?
    Seattle, Wa
  • Options

Other then that, I'm very satisfied.  I just sat inside with a friend and will do the walk through this Saturday.

DD

Seattle, Wa
  • Options
    TABakerTABaker Member Posts: 432
    LG has dropped the sink in the shower.
    Crystal & Daisy, a yellow 2007 T@B Q previously towed by a 2008 Jeep Liberty, and currently towed by a 2016 RAM 1500.

• Options

Thanks TABaker.  Good to know. 

Seattle, Wa
  • Options
    TabyDD, 

I do understand the comprimises we need to make in TV's  or camper. The new Subrau should be a good comprimise in a TV.  The HRL is not a typical Honda for gas milage but is really a big SUV with a PU bed and fully equipted to tow a small to medium size trailer. But that is what my wife wanted "thanks honey"...Back in 2006/7 my intent was to buy a "White" standard cab Ford PU. Well she wanted to be comfortable and had always had champaign taste for our beer pocket book. Smarter than I antisipated...I think I learned a few things form her training..

I should be getting my cover and XL visor in a  week or so. Read all the posts re the XL  visor issues. Wiil post how my experience goes. Kinda surprised that LG charged my CC for the cover and XLvisor  when I ordered it. Normally in CA one does not get charged until it ships and that is not scheduled until 9/15. Not a huge deal but a surprise. Having fun planning where everything will initially be placed and deciding what do I "REALLY" need based past experiences. Leared a long time ago I don't really need all I think I do. Can always add conviences if I find they will be used and needed to have a more comfortable camping experience. "Don't go crazy old man" this is camping not "RVing" remember that!!! 

Happy towing witht new Subaru. Maybe we will cross trails some day. 
    Jim, Kelseyville CA, 2013 T@B "Q", T@BCASA, Silver W/Yellow trim, TV: 2006 Honda Ridgeline 
  • Options
    radrenradren Member Posts: 229
    Hi Tabu,
    They don't put the sink in T@Bs with the kitchen inside. However they do for a clamshell. The rational was why have two sinks inside... 

The Mouse house and me
  • Options
    Jimbo said:
    TabyDD, 

I do understand the comprimises we need to make in TV's  or camper. The new Subrau should be a good comprimise in a TV.  The HRL is not a typical Honda for gas milage but is really a big SUV with a PU bed and fully equipted to tow a small to medium size trailer. But that is what my wife wanted "thanks honey"...Back in 2006/7 my intent was to buy a "White" standard cab Ford PU. Well she wanted to be comfortable and had always had champaign taste for our beer pocket book. Smarter than I antisipated...I think I learned a few things form her training..

Thanks Jimbo. I believe you can 'drive smart' and see how she goes.  I love getting all the different perspectives.  I'm going to attempt to make my own awing with a piece of rubberized wire and wrapping with canvas, then sew, maybe even tarp.  I had Ace Hardware cut an 8 foot piece of wire and I will wrap and sew.  Attach the grommets to adjustable poles on the other side and cross my fingers!  Purchased a nice 'plastic' woven rug (plus many wonderful lite and functional items) at IKEA and will be ready to roll this Sunday.  I hope. ;)  DD
    BTW where do you live?

I should be getting my cover and XL visor in a  week or so. Read all the posts re the XL  visor issues. Wiil post how my experience goes. Kinda surprised that LG charged my CC for the cover and XLvisor  when I ordered it. Normally in CA one does not get charged until it ships and that is not scheduled until 9/15. Not a huge deal but a surprise. Having fun planning where everything will initially be placed and deciding what do I "REALLY" need based past experiences. Leared a long time ago I don't really need all I think I do. Can always add conviences if I find they will be used and needed to have a more comfortable camping experience. "Don't go crazy old man" this is camping not "RVing" remember that!!! 

Jimbo said:
    TabyDD, 

Seattle, Wa
  • Options

Jim- I just inserted a comment in your previous note.  Don't quite get the format here.

DD

Seattle, Wa
  • Options
    FrontierFrontier Member Posts: 11
    We too are awaiting the birth date of our t@B.  We should pick it up in about a week and half but have no idea on what to name it because we don't know if it will be a boy or girl until we pick it up.  It is a silver with red trim S with the Max package.  From the dealer's lot we plan to strike out for parts unknown for about 30 days and see if we can find any problems with it because we are going to take it on a vacation to Alaska next June 2015 for about 60 days.   W did join Passport America (1/2 cost campgrounds) and plan on using that membership when traveling but won't go out of our way to stay at one of their member campgrounds because of the cost of gas.
  • Options

Frontier

Mine is the same as yours!  Getting this Saturday.  I believe we'll need to check under the flooring to find out gender.  It's all rather exciting!  With fall around the corner there are some spectacular roads here in Washington state that really show off the autumn colors.  Alaska sounds wonderful, please post some narratives, if possible.  There are many fall events I will do before I pack er up.  Under the new cover I just bought.  Unfortunately with global warming we may be able to camp a little later into the season.  ;( ;)  DD

Seattle, Wa
  • Options
    TabyDD,
     Re your inserted comment question. I am in Northern California. The town is Kelseyvile. Most of the population in the county is around a lake named Clear Lake. We are off the grid a bit here in Lake County, which is great!! Only have 3 highways all two lane to get in or out of the county. We are just north of Napa and East of Ukiah which is on US 01 and then about 30 miles to the west is I 5. This area is Pears Walnuts and Vinyards. Wine grapes are the big crop now days. Nice rural county to live in and do not miss living in the "Bay Area", San Jose and San Fracisco etc...
    Best wishes to you and the new arrival...
  • Options

Jim

Thank you!  Saturday is the big day and then out on Sunday overnight.  I just made a road trip (two months ago) to Moss Landing, CA to visit my brother.  Stayed in a hotel on the beach, I love the coast and wine country.  Any good spots in northern CA, dry camping?  Nice you're enjoying the world.  DD

Seattle, Wa
  • Options
    WanderooWanderoo Member Posts: 553
    What a mental scene, what a wonderful future time T@BBIN'!   Wow, I can't wait to experience California.  Of course, I'll be taking the back roads.  Thanks for posting ideas of camping spots for ANYWHERE in California off the beaten paths!!!  :x
    Beth, 2015 Toyota Tacoma (Ramblin' Rose), 2014 T@B S M@xx (ClemenT@B)
  • Options
    TabyDD and Wandroo,, 
    Moss landing is not far far from me. Had been there years ago fishing, when I lived and worked in the Bay Area. I must confess folks I have not been camping for many years now and am so looking forward to getting out just about anywhere again. I just emailed my kids in San Jose to see if we can have a family camping trip to Collins Lake <www.collinslake.com> where we used to go vacation camping back in the mid 70's. That would be a fun trip. We had a tent trailer back then and dry always dry camped as close to the lake as possible so I could fish at night after getting them to bed. I know it is a lot more developed now but we have a lot of memories from being there.

I know there are numerous Forest Service camp grounds in the Redwood Forest off CA 20 between Willits and Fort Bragg on the ocean. Just don't wander too far from camp since that area is an "agricutural" area and you could get shot. I do remember a nice dry camp off I 5 at Sisque (sp??) and if I remember it is called Castle Rock lake. There was a beatiful view of Mt. Shasta and is on a very small beutiful cystal clear lake. Here at Clear Lake we have a nice State Park on the lake. And on Hwy 20 going east to Ukaih and "US 101 there are two small lakes "Blue Lakes" . There is a nice small campground called Pine Acres <www.bluelakepineacres.com> on the water. They have a website so you can check it out. I will probably go there soon. It only about 15 miles from my house. Good trout and bass fishing too.

I just hit the wrong button and lost this and where I was. Yeah found it again!! Anyway I will let all know about the campgrounds I visit here in N CA. 

DD, hope the Saturday pickup and outing Sunday night was all you antisipated.

• Options

Thank you for your kind wishes.  I have been consumed in thought and deed in hopes of not leaving anything to chance.  Tools, kitchen stuff, bedding, bathroom supplies and off course little Miss Tab herself!!  I'm learning about electricity and water and the qualities of them both.  Things I have never known before, always let someone else 'handle' it.  Hah, it feels good to be independent and share these times with family and friends.  A question I have is at what point do you feel comfortable just pulling over and dry camping somewhere?  Is it ok just along a country road or by the river's edge?  Do you need to ask permission?  Or just be ready to beg for forgiveness the next day. ;)

Thanks again Jim for all the great comments and some of the camping history you so fondly share with your family.  I'll look up Kelseyville and maybe ask to stay in your driveway one day!  ha!

DD

Seattle, Wa
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    If there are issues or any local ordinances against it they will let you know....  I've done a little stealth camping in the past and no one ever bothered me.  We live in a beautiful country with wide open spaces that do afford one freedom if you take the time to embrace it and enjoy the land.  There are virtually thousands of areas of both state and federal lands you can camp on without a permit and if people would use and respect it therein, there would never be any questions asked.  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ