Options

Almost new T@B owners 2015 T@B S silver with blue trim. Delivery in October.

2»

Comments

• Options
    TabyDDTabyDD Member Posts: 52

Mike

Thank you for that affirmation.  That is one of the more appealing aspects of having the T@b, for me.  Perhaps a camo colored T@b is in my future. ;)

Appreciate all of your commentaries.  Most helpful.

Seattle, Wa
  • Options
    JimboJimbo Member Posts: 118
    DD, Mike is absolutely correct. I would not be concerned with law enforcement giving you a problem. They could be a good source for letting you know where the safer areas are. They are more concerned about your well being than siteing you for camping in an area closed to camping. Back in years past I never was too concerned about camping most anywhere, and never ran into trouble. Now things are more risky. I personally woud try to camp in what would be called a designated camping areas. Normally out here some authority will at least drive through to check on folks accasionally. I would suggest you get your "sea legs" first in at a least designated camping areas. Then venture out to remote areas. One lone person out in a remote area might be a tempting target for some "nar do wells" these days..A dog as a camping companion is a good deterent....Loved that picture of "Booger". Looked like he was saying "Don't mess with my truck"...

And yes you can park in my drive way, no problem. Do hope to meet you and others someday.
    Jim, Kelseyville CA, 2013 T@B "Q", T@BCASA, Silver W/Yellow trim, TV: 2006 Honda Ridgeline 
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391

Congrats and welcome, Rita and Phil! I just received my T@b in June of this year and am loving it!

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    Another good asset to have along with you is a good campsite or campground locator like Allstays....  I also use Campwhere that s no longer available and IExit and each is unit, tell you where the rest areas and business establishments are at and the distances too.  Each has been a valuable tool when traveling across the US, as has been the Garmin.  I still carry a road atlas as you need that to plan out your routes, but the phone apps make things easier too as they will give you site information, amenities at each camping area and contact information.  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    mickietucsmickietucs Member Posts: 709
    Mike - perhaps this would be better under a new heading but goes along with what you're saying on apps, guides, etc. I was wondering if anyone on the forum always makes reservations. I realize many are doing weekend trips - but for those on extended vacations, the info I read it's really hard to get spots (National Parks, Forest Service, State Parks, etc.) unless one plans in advance and makes reservations. Does anyone "fly by the seat of their pants"?! When I retire I really hope to mix up where I stay but also not be so much on a schedule. If I get to a place I like, I'd love to stay for a week (or more). Will I be disappointed because I can't find an open campground? I hope to NOT stay at "rv resorts". Thoughts from others?
    Michele, Tucson, AZ. TV - '13 F150 & '16 T@Bitha special order.

You never really travel alone. The world is full of friends waiting to get to know you!

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    Michele,

That's the beauty of retirement because you can travel on off days and don't necessarily have to travel during the major holidays when everyone else "who is working" normally travel.  And it depends where you are going so far as availability is concerned as there are some national parks that you stay away from during peak times and hit these areas when traffic and camp volumes are down.   I've traveled by the seat of my pants for many years and have never experienced any issues and have always been able to find a place to bed down for the night.  You do listen to other's accounts, arrive early in the morning when possible and catch a spot in some of the more popular national park areas.  Even when I was out in Idaho, I was able to arrive without a reservation and find a spot to camp.  For me, that's what makes it challenging and I've never been shut out yet.  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    mickietucsmickietucs Member Posts: 709
    Encouraging words, Mike. I guess one could always call ahead, too, for those places that do not accept reservations - and see if there are open sites. I do look forward to the challenge (even though I've always been a planner, I want to step outside my comfort zone and just meander around various areas). Thanks!
    Michele, Tucson, AZ. TV - '13 F150 & '16 T@Bitha special order.

You never really travel alone. The world is full of friends waiting to get to know you!

• Options
    TabuTabu Member Posts: 10
    edited September 2014
    Radren, yes they dropped the sink in the bathroom.  I also saw a post about a new model called the Outback.  I am going to try and call today and see what options from it I may want to add.  I think the post showed cargo netting above the window, a diamond plate cover for the propane on the front and the picture showed a way to carry the spare tire on the back.

Here is the link to that discussion. http://tab-rv.com/community/#/discussion/comment/4219

Rita
    Tabu - Rita & Phil and Doli who is a 2015 silver frost/blue S Max being towed by a 2013 Subaru Outback 3.6l
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Tabu...I asked about the Outback model rack last week thinking I'd like to add it as my T@B as it was still on the production line - my dealer called the factory and reported back that they weren't prepared to do this yet as it's just a prototype and still under consideration.