Options

Keder Rail insert size, max air vent, and tire pressure

Hello,
Does anyone know the insert size for the Keder rail system? Is this what they call the rope size? My tires say psi of 50 but manual says 35, what is correct? Any ideas on putting a rain cover on the exhaust fan? Do you need to drill holes or is there another soultion? Thanks, just picked up my Tab and trying to figure things out? 

Comments

• Options
    tfire328tfire328 Member Posts: 22
    Hi Stephen!

There is a lot to figure out when you just pick up your new T@b. I went through that recently and while I certainly don't have all the answers (does anybody?) I can point you in the right direction on a couple of your questions.

There was a discussion recently on tire pressures here. This is the link for it: http://tab-rv.vanillaforums.com/discussion/3106/low-tire-pressure-a-cautionary-tale/p1

As for the exhaust fan I recently installed the MaxxAir Aero-flo Roof Vent Cover on our T@b. I like the streamlined look as I think it really looks right on the camper. It is available form many suppliers but here is the link for Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000EDSSHK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hope that helps and welcome to the T@b community!
    Ted & Donna. Bay City, Michigan. Ford Escape, 2016 Tab Max-S

• Options
    USWildflowersUSWildflowers Member Posts: 177
    I use 3/8" as the Keder rail "rope size" - or in my case, the head size of the bolts I use for my tarp/awning clips.

That link tfire328 provided is a good read. I normally run about 40 lbs in my Maxx S tires. My opinion: The PSI on the tire is max pressure; generally the closer to the max weight rating you are the closer to the max pressure you want to be. But running at max pressure on a relatively lighter load is going to make for a bit harsher ride. I use the Pleasant Valley recommendation of 35 as the minimum.

Can't advise on fan cover; I run standard and keep nearly closed in a hard rain. So far ventilation in those circumstances has been adequate, but I'm keeping a better vent cover on my list of potential mods.
    gerry - Flintstone, GA - 2015 T@B S - 2012 Toyota Highlander

• Options
    RamrodRamrod Member Posts: 164
    Is the keder rail 14 mm?
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,500
    9.5250mm from 3/8" according to my google-fu. Is that what you were looking for?
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red