Options

Furnace AND Heat Pump?

OK, this might fall under the category of DUH.

2012 Max Q has a furnace, and it has a Dometic "Cool Cat" heat pump (model is 441003.701). That'd be two different heating systems, right? If true, is it so that when connected to shore power, you're not burning propane when heating the trailer?

Comments

• Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    edited July 2016
    Others will know better, but from what I hear, the cool cat is  good for heating with outside temps down to around 40°F, for colder temps you'll need the furnace.

Dunno about the other question though.
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    JackPack said:
    OK, this might fall under the category of DUH.

2012 Max Q has a furnace, and it has a Dometic "Cool Cat" heat pump (model is 441003.701). That'd be two different heating systems, right? If true, is it so that when connected to shore power, you're not burning propane when heating the trailer?
    You got it.  Yes, before the Alde they had two heating systems to be used on or off shore power.

The heat pump is not much good below 40, I use a small space heater instead.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    I have a 2007 and I have the CoolCat, but don't have the furnace. Living in the Southeast don't need the furnace, and on the occasional cold night, have a space heater. 
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    JackPackJackPack Member Posts: 10
    I don't imagine there'll be much camping in 40F or below. Could be wrong.. Meanwhile, I'll leave the furnace in place and concentrate on either maintenance on the heat pump or simple replacement with a straight A/C that's more efficient and quieter. First big trip is 2 weeks away!