Options

Making the FanT@Bulous move

VinceVince Member Posts: 2
My wife is negotiating on a 2008 DM.  Has all interior options for that year with exception of front window.  Floorboards are solid (checked wheel well) and body is not damaged.  problem are that it needs a window shade, smoke detector and carbon monoxide detector.  It has no awning or ports-potty but for $5k I think we can afford to put a little money into it.  Anyway thanks for all great information and hope to be talking to you soon.

Comments

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Welcome Vince! Baby picts if you get your asking price. It sounds like a good deal, but you know best. BTW, the options are endless as well as the mods. Consider the purchase price just the beginning :lol: Best of luck!
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    mash2mash2 Member Posts: 581
    Window shade is available from PV (could replace both to get match - $75 as I recall).   I replaced the carbon monoxide detector for $50  and smoke detector for $25 on mine when I got it (they were old anyway on my DM '06), replaced port potty with PETT portable toilet (folds up smaller for storage so I liked it better).  The awing can be purchased from teardrop shop if you want one (the newer ones will work on the DM, or the Visor works well also).  
    Check the tires (mine were recently replace when I bought mine), make sure the converter works, and check the age of the battery.  Get serviced (brakes, bearings and grease fittings) and you should be good to go.

Sounds like a great deal given the general prices for T@B's.