Options

Full-Timing - Domicile, Mail, Etc

NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
Came across this and thought anyone thinking of full-timing it would find it of interest.
I did it in SD and have been in campgrounds where half the campers had SD plates.

Domicile State, Getting Mail & Voting as a Nomad

http://www.technomadia.com/2012/07/chapter-9-nomadic-logistics-domicile-mail-taxes-banking-and-voting/

Comments

• Options
    kybobkybob Member Posts: 232
    No spaces in your name on your drivers license? Also, thanks for the information. Full timing is a goal of mine.
    2018 Outback S, Silver/Black - 2015 Silver Honda Pilot 4WD - Florence, KY

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    I have reviewed that post and although while still good, it is dated. I considered most of the options they list before I left for the summer.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    Dated but not much changes in that world - Been pretty much the same for years.
  • Options
    Actually, not true..prices have changed significantly and some state laws have been changing.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    Details, details, details :-)
    Got a better link/article - please post it and I'll delete mine.
  • Options
    And post that Excel spreadsheet comparing everything we know you have - heee, heee  :-)
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    PXLated said:
    Details, details, details :-)
    Got a better link/article - please post it and I'll delete mine.
    I said it was a good article but some of the information was dated. I never said it was a bad article.

I did research but no spreadsheets.  :open_mouth:

I learned that PA didn't care is I always gone all year. If I was keeping my house and PA as my home state. It was simplest to keep my home address. The kid who takes of my house and lawn while I am gone gets my mail for me when the 30 day USPS mail hold expires. USPS has an app that can be used to easily manage your mail.