Options

Fellow T@Bers

ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
We unfortunately cannot make it to Tearstock this year because of plans made over a year ago. I just wanted to take a moment here and ask everyone headed that way to travel safely, and have a great time upon your arrival. Everyone have fun, and as they say "Kep the shiny side up!" Eric& Liz
2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
Spokane, Wa.
Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Sorry you two can't make it. Perhaps we'll meet elsewhere. I fully expect a lot of laughing!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    If PXL and Ratkity get together, you better bring tissue! =)
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    edited July 2016
    I spent about 4 days in the same campground as PXLated. Trust me, there are a lot of laughs, lots of good advice, too. You two need to meet...and yeah, @Ratkity would have us all rolling on the ground laughing!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Unfortunately, July is the only month I have long-time commitments (family reunions, blues festival with brothers) and they coincide with Tearstock. So, I'll just have to remain anonymous unless you can track me down on the road. And good luck with that :-)
  • Options
    PXLated said:
    Unfortunately, July is the only month I have long-time commitments (family reunions, blues festival with brothers) and they coincide with Tearstock. So, I'll just have to remain anonymous unless you can track me down on the road. And good luck with that :-)
    I think I surprised PXLated when I showed up at his campground and found him. I have apps on my phone, too!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Verna - You caught me at one of my favorate waystations - Timing's everything.
  • Options
    PXL, No matter where 'ya go there 'ya are!
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
     =) 
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    You're at a church! =)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    I need all the help I can get! My wife says I'm hopeless. :s
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Wives always say that - I think they're taught that at a young age :-)
  • Options
    What they don't know is that we're just overgrown kids havin' fun!
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Never grow up is my moto - Or become a boring adult :-)
  • Options
    Boring is NOT my idea of fun PXL. I make it a habit to have fun no matter what! When we go camping, fun is a priority, can never get back the times ya' let slip by! B)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    To this day, no matter where I am, when I catch a rainbow trout, I yell HI HO. My buddies in camp reply, you suck!, immediately come down and try to steal my spot. My record for catching my limit [now 5 fish] is 22 minutes! they really get aggravated and say I'm cheating. I just laugh and go start the bar-b- que! =)  
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    VeronicaVeronica Member Posts: 12
    Cool pic pxl
    First T@b trip August 15-Sept??, 2016.
    Nights in T@b: 23 (so far)
    States visited (including driving through): SC, NC, TN, KY, OH, IN, IL, WI, MN, ND, MT, AB (Alberta, Canada), MT, WY, SD and counting. 

• Options
    Veronica, Pxl always takes cool pictures! i don't know how much browsing you've done on the forum, but there are quite a few spread throughout. Go to the thread for posting shots of your T@B set up at the camp site. I know there are several on there.
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    dmerzbacdmerzbac Member Posts: 289
    ....and he really does a great job of working with the light. (available and artificial)

2017 T@b 320 - 'Smokey'  2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport - 'B@ndit'
    Dave - Tuscaloosa, Al

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Beautiful!
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    Nice!
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    NormfunNormfun Member Posts: 285
    +1
    Norm & Pat. 320 S Outback Utah or somewhere else.

• Options
    And this is why you'll very rarely run into me (or find me) :-)

• Options
    KyBawpawKyBawpaw Member Posts: 183
    @ericnliz  I love catching trout too. Have you heard of and/tried Tenkara style of fly fishing? It's my weapon of choice now.
    "Not all those who wander are lost"- J. R. R. Tolkien 
    2014 T@B-S
  • Options
    irvingjirvingj Member Posts: 335
    Ooo-oo! Fishing!   One of these days I'll get into fly fishing, but my weapon(s) of choice are Rapala floaters, gold (mostly) or silver, size 5 thru 9, on UL gear with 6-lb test. Rarely use anything else.
  • Options
    Fished from shore this week, caught 10 rainbows in 27 minutes this time. Almost got thrown off the dock by my dear wife [who caught one], and a guy that had only "bites" for three hours. Had to go start the pit barrel for a 5lb ham. Probably a good thing! Can't tell 'ya what I use, but I gave the bait my [again] dear wife AND she only caught one so..... =)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    KyBawpaw, Never tried Tenkara fly fishing. Have fly fished in the past. Best one I ever caught was a 6# rainbow out of a stream in Idaho that you could step across. Took about 45 minutes of running through blackberry bushes to land [looked like I had been whipped profusely], but was well worth it! AHHH to be young again! The strangest thing I've ever had happen was with a good friend at Jackson Meadows in California. Both of us caught the same fish twice in one day, and we were not standing close together. Still to this day trying to figure out how that one occurred :o !
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    irvingj, Have used Rapalas many times. Flat fish also work well as do Cast Masters. Don't use lures very often any more, but DO catch a lot of rainbows, browns, and cutthroat! Mostly use 8 to10 lb test with 4 to 6 lb leader, #10 to 12 hook. Sometimes use worms and marshmallows, but that's not what I catch the most on. Yep, the rest is a secret only my wife, and grandkids know about. It has to do with bubblegum,and that's the only clue you're gonna get out of me! ;)  
    Spokane, Wa.