Options

Running the Norcold on gas

I have not had luck starting the fridge on gas. 
I follow the instructions, but there is no way to view the flame and the green light does not stay on.
Because it cools very slowly we are reluctant to leave it on gas because we do not know if it is operating.
Works great when plugged in to 120 Vac.
Any experienced comments would be helpful.

Comments

• Options
    WanderooWanderoo Member Posts: 553
    If the green light does not stay on, it may not be level enough.  Just a thought. :-?
    Beth, 2015 Toyota Tacoma (Ramblin' Rose), 2014 T@B S M@xx (ClemenT@B)
  • Options
    JanetJanet Member Posts: 5
    I have an old one, and the green light takes forever to stay on.  But eventually it does, then it slowly gets cold.  
    It is adequate, but the effort to stay cold heats up everything else in the trailer.  Has anyone considered 
    one of the high efficiency 12 volt refrigerators?
  • Options
    JustjudyJustjudy Member Posts: 75
    Our new T@B's 3-way was not staying lit ... We took it to the dealer for repair last week. They said the igniter wire was loose. They tightened and adjusted and it's working perfectly now.
    Larry and Judy. 2015 T@B S M@xx. Silver with black trim. Bell@. Towed by a 2005 Toyota Tacoma.
  • Options
    clkellerclkeller Member Posts: 46
    MYfridge works great on gas just make sure your trailer is level and turn on your stove first to get the gas ŕunning through your system and just make sure you hold the button in for at least 15 seconds
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    My fridge has been running on gas for a week (except for in motion) and has been working fine. The first time I fired it up it took several tries - the propane feed probably needed bleeding. But, as clkeller mentions, you definitely need to keep the button held in for 10-15 seconds after the green light comes on. And, I have been leveled out.