Options

Power Panel Blade Fuses

I want to ask a question regarding the power panel circuits and blade fuses. My panel has a circuit display label that shows the six (6) circuits and the amperage that correspond to the respective circuit. However, in reviewing the blade fuses installed, they do not match all of the circuit amp ratings from the label. If I am reading it correctly, there is an apparent discrepancy between the labeled circuit amperage and the actual amp rating of the blade fuses for two of the circuits. The label display ratings and the actual blade fuses ratings are as follows:

Circuit label display:                         Actual amperage rating of Blade fuse:
Circuit #1 - 10 Amps                        10 Amps
Circuit #2 - 10 Amps                       15 Amps
Circuit #3 - 10 Amps                        10 Amps
Circuit #4 - 10 Amps                        10 Amps
Circuit $5 - 20 Amps                       15 Amps
Circuit #6 - 30 Amps                        30 Amps

As noted, circuits #2 & #4 appear to have an incorrect blade fuse installed as the amperage label and actual fuse amperage do not match. I just wanted to get an idea from others if you have the same thing or if this should be corrected. Primarily as the Alde circuit appears to have a 15 amp blade fuse, but the circuit is rated at 20 amps.
FYI: Regarding the 40 amp blade fuse, the label and documentation show that the 40 amp blade fuse is for the reverse battery protection.
I have included a picture of my power panel to show what is installed.
Regards, duckblind123

Marc & Janet
2016 T@B Max S - 2017 Honda Pilot - Winchester,VA

Comments

• Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    What model and year trailer?
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    duckblind123duckblind123 Member Posts: 62
    2016 T@B Max S

Marc & Janet

• Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    I had to run out and check. My trailer has, from top to bottom, 10, 15, 10, 10, 15, 30, and 40. 

My label says 15, 15, 15, 10, 10, 30, and 40. 

Interesting. 
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,358

I have a 2016 Outback.  Looks like the label matches the blade fuses.  Disregard the arrow.

2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition,
    2024 Ford F150 Supercrew short bed.
  • Options
    duckblind123duckblind123 Member Posts: 62
    UPDATE - I contacted the Little Guy factory. Marvin stated that the circuit label may be incorrect, so I should go with the fuses installed as being correct.
    Regards, Marc...

Marc & Janet

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,477
    In light of other recent threads about fridge operation, I went out to take a closer look at my set-up (2015-S with 3163x 3-way fridge).

My fuse block is labelled for and fitted with a 10 amp fuse in the "#2 FRIDGE" slot. This is a bit curious since the Norcold installation manual says the fridge can pull up to 13.6 amps in DC mode. On the fridge itself, the glass fuse on the DC heater supply is 20 amps.

Later models seem to transition to a 15 amp fuse in the block (with the label taking time to catch up). Further confounding things, @Rick's recently recently posted wiring diagram shows a 20 amp fuse in that slot.

Given the fridge specs, a 15 or 20 amp fuse makes more sense, provided the supply wiring can handle it. Anybody know what's going on here, or is this just a matter of the left hand trying to keep up with the right? 
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @ScottG take the time verify which fuse goes to which appliance before changing out the fuses. It could be the labeling is incorrect. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,477
    Will do. For those just tuning in, the same goes for the AC breakers--I posted some time back about mine being mislabeled.
    2015 T@B S