Kenmore A/C life expectancy?
WildRumpus
Member Posts: 46
While our T@B is only two months old, I'm wondering about the longevity of the Kenmore A/C. I was curious about the replacement cost, so I looked online and found it at Sears for $129. At that relatively low price, I'm wondering if it makes sense to pre-emptively buy one while I know that they are available. The main reason is for the easy installation when that day comes. If my unit dies in five years will it be possible to find a replacement that will be a simple swap? How long has the Kenmore 87050 A/C been used in the Tab? What's it's life expectancy (I live in HOT and HUMID FL)?
Gainesville, FL
_____________________________
2016 CSS 320
2022 Tab 400 Boondock
2021 BMW X5 45e Plug In Hybrid

_____________________________
2016 CSS 320
2022 Tab 400 Boondock
2021 BMW X5 45e Plug In Hybrid

0
Comments
-
Can't answer how long it's been used as mine is a Fridgidare (2015) and I've seen at least 2-3 other models mentioned here since I got mine. I kind of have the impression that they have no std model/manufacturer they use.0
-
I wonder how interchangeable the different models are in the space that's provided?
Gainesville, FL
_____________________________
2016 CSS 320
2022 Tab 400 Boondock
2021 BMW X5 45e Plug In Hybrid
0 -
The ones I've seen here look like they're all roughly the same size.1
-
Who were the people that needed a thermostat on the A/C for their dogs? I recall their new electronically controlled unit was a different size than the same model with manual controls.2016 Outback 320
2024 Ford F150 Supercrew short bed.0 -
OutbackAZ I recall that also but it was relatively close and the cabinet has some extra room in it.0
Categories
- All Categories
- 11 Cirrus Truck Campers
- 127 Dutchman and Vintage TaB Archives
- 3 Forum Rules
- 3 nüCamp & Forum Contacts
- 967 Air Conditioning & Refrigeration
- 2.7K Battery/Electrical & Solar
- 1.2K Camping & Travel
- 145 Events & News
- 220 Factory Comments
- 24 "FOR SALE" - New/Used Trailers
- 12 “FOR SALE" - Camping & Trailer Gear
- 2.4K Heating/Plumbing & Winterizing
- 142 Help - Computer & System
- 924 Introductions
- 408 Looking to purchase a trailer?
- 2.1K Modifications & Upgrades
- 1.4K Products and Accessories
- 419 Service/Maintenance & Recall Notices
- 37 Solo Travelers Hints & Tips
- 1 T@G Forum
- 77 Teardrop Groups & Links
- 78 Testimonials
- 922 Tips & Tricks
- 1.5K Trailer & Towing
- 27 Owners Manuals/PDF Files/Videos & Resources
- 56 üCamp Rally - News & Information