Options

Externally mounted Lagun table base

Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
edited July 2016 in Modifications & Upgrades
Have any of you mounted the Lagun table base outside your trailer?  We were up in Northern Michigan at North Higgins Lake State Park and removed the table and base for sleeping purposes and have decided that the Lagun table would be of value added utilizing it outside the trailer when the bed is in place.  I did contact the factory and ordered a mounting plate for the Lagun pedestal and would be interested in either seeing some photos of it mounted to the side of the trailer, getting specifics on mounting it correctly to the frame and the best spot to mount it, etc.  

I think you could probably beef it up with a plate inside the bench area and via their offset plate since the side of the trailer with Keder rail and trim jut out about 1/2".  A frame support would be the desired means and will be looking at that as well.  

And since we do cook out a lot the table would be convenient out in the open air.  

Attached Image

Thanks!
Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Mike, someone just had a picture of the Lagun bracket to the front of the exterior electrical outlet. I can't remember who....they didn't even mention the bracket. 

At that location, you should be able to screw the bracket into a structural member of the passenger side bench. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Verna said:
    Mike, someone just had a picture of the Lagun bracket to the front of the exterior electrical outlet. I can't remember who....they didn't even mention the bracket. 

At that location, you should be able to screw the bracket into a structural member of the passenger side bench. 
    Ideally I would like to mount it between the electrical outlet and the wheel well area.  
  • Options
    Verna said:

Ideally I would like to mount it between the electrical outlet and the wheel well area.  
    Yes, that is what I tried to say ;)  Look inside and I do believe there is a vertical 2x4 for the bench at that location. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Fatman1966Fatman1966 Member Posts: 145
    I ordered my unit with the extra bracket outside. I still have not taken delivery however it does mount between the fender and outlet. They brace it inside the fenderwell area to give it strength. 
  • Options
    Here is a picture someone posted
  • Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,927
    Mike, that photo is mine. I have a 2017 max s sofitel. The unit came from PV with the exterior lagun bracket mount. We didn't order it and assume it's part of the 2017 sofitel pkg. PXLated asked about interior support and I included pictures. Sorry I don't know how to link the thread but visuals are all there. Pls search "lagun table in 2017 question". If there's anything else I can answer plz let me know.
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    Here is a pic of the exterior table in place. Note cloth and vinyl cover (to weather-proof) are not factory standard. Ha.
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
  • Options
    Thanks for the photo, Dragonsdofly, with the chair next to it. I wasn't sure if the mounting would allow the table to go low enough to use with a typical camp chair for eating. Very helpful photo. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Verna, the boys are 10 and 11. No growth spurt yet. Sometimes it's hard to guage their actual body size.
  • Options
    John_and_KrisJohn_and_Kris Member Posts: 302
    In looking at the 2 pictures it looks like the Fatman one would create a problem for lowering mount as it looks like the trim would be in the way .Dragonsdofly looks like an extra mounting bracket was used to move it out over the trim. I am correct? John
    John - Kris & our Golden "Blossom"
    South Carolina
    Live simply,Love generously,Care deeply,Speak Kindly,Leave the rest to God
  • Options
    John_and_KrisJohn_and_Kris Member Posts: 302
    I have asked Elsie for some specs and pics from the factory regarding the mounting. Not heard back I will ask again and also the size screws the Factory used as well if there is a resin type backing plate supplied with the bracket for exterior mounting. John
    John - Kris & our Golden "Blossom"
    South Carolina
    Live simply,Love generously,Care deeply,Speak Kindly,Leave the rest to God
  • Options
    It seems there are plastic mounting pieces that go behind the mounting plate to adjust how far the mounting plate is from the body and trim.....I can't find where I read that....
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Yes, we did put a piece of wood between the lagun mounting plate and the resin mounting plate on the exterior skin of the tab. We did have clearance problems, but on the wheel trim. Afterward we found how to "ratchet" tighten the lagun post clamp. Also the boys playing with the table kept pinching their fingers between the table and the t@b, a problem most of you won't have to deal with. 
  • Options
    JustJohnJustJohn Member Posts: 171
    Verna said:
    It seems there are plastic mounting pieces that go behind the mounting plate to adjust how far the mounting plate is from the body and trim.....I can't find where I read that....
    My mount came with those plastic pieces but the were beveled. Since the Lagun mount was first designed and used on boats where almost no surface is flat, the plastic pieces are used to plumb the mount on irregular surfaces.
    2016 Outback.....North East N.C...... Former 2012 Silver Shadow
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,531
    Does anybody know if the outside Lagun mount would interfere with the Keder rail and Tent?
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    SAM, From looking at Fatman's photo, looks like it would slide in behind the horizontal mount for the table. Take a look and see what you think.
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    Yeah, it looks like the rail is not effected and the tent skirt should work its way around the bracket.  Looks like we will request an outside mount on our CSS order.  We think we will use the table more outside and use the Walmart table inside.  Thanks!
  • Options
    I can't add anything in terms of my experences as the camper in the photo is one I saved from this site to help my dealer with my order. I'm not sure about interference issues but I think that's the factory mounting location for the 2017 units that are ordered with the extra mount. 
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    SAM, I have a tent, and it looks like the clearance won't be an issue, good luck with your new T@B!
    Fatman1966, At any rate, the photo helped! ;)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    Great!  Thanks!
  • Options
    Thank you all as this is good stuff!

I did speak to a factory rep who said that they do supply a spacer that allows the pedestal and mounting plate to come out and away from the wall and provide clearance for the pedestal to slide up an down and tighten down in place with the ratchet locking mechanism on the upright pedestal.    That was a concern I had as the trim with Keder rail will need a good 1/2" offset to allow the pedestal clearance.  

I'm with you Sam, as I believe we will probably benefit more with the table outdoors when camped since I removed the table and set it in the bed of my pickup truck when camped and stuck it back inside the trailer when we departed and for use along the road during travel.   I can't wait to get the table base and hope that the offset piece is made of some type of plastic or composite style material to weather the environment and road conditions outside.  
  • Options
    It sounds like Dragonsdofly had to add their own wood spacer.  Factory overlooked the clearance?  Still nice to have a factory installed outside mount!  
  • Options
    Guys, we added our wood spacer for 2 reasons. We hadn't yet figured out the ratcheting mechanism on the lagun post and the boys kept playing with the table and pinching their fingers between the table and the T@b. Great learning experience. And yes the exterior mount has a spacer between the bracket and the T@b and although the factory can master solving major problems they haven't yet tried to goof proof their product from not so little boys.