Options

This curious happening...

ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
Went out to the WOLFTA@B today, and was doing some general check-over when I looked out the driver's side widow and noticed the seal around the window was sagging about mid-way. I tried to see if it would just "push" back into the rail above, but would not. Just wondered if anyone else has had this issue, and if so how to fix. Any thoughts? It's not terrible at this point, but I don't want it to get worse either. Thanks for any input!
Eric
2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
Spokane, Wa.
Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

Comments

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Got a pic?
    Haven't heard of that happening before.
  • Options
    PXL, No, don't have a picture. Right now I've got the A/C on because it's like 110* in the trailer. I'm going to wait until things cool off a bit, and take a closer look. I'll keep you informed, thanks.
    Eric
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    PXL, After getting the interior heat down below 80*, I opened the window all the way. It appears that something, either the rubber window gasket [black] had expanded, and / or the window frame. I used the round handle end of a plastic paint scraper to gently maneuver the seal back in to place. It had come out of the groove surrounding the widow where the gasket fits in to the lip. Pretty easy fix for anyone else having this problem, just let it cool off a little before trying as the gasket had expanded from the heat, and would not allow it to remain in the groove. Thanks for trying to help!
    Eric 
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Just a note, I'll let you know if it was a permanent fix, or a re-occurring thing.
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Hopefully permanent. Keep us posted - If it happens again, take a quick pic so we can see where and how deformed.
  • Options
    boo, the seal fits into a groove around the window. It needs "room" to expand and contract with the weather conditions. The only thing I can figure out at this point is that it wasn't fully seated to begin with, and that is why it drooped in just one spot [ about 3" long].As soon as I got it back into the groove, it stayed. Like I said in my previous post, we will see if it happens again. Thanks for the hint though, might be helpful in another area.
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @ericnliz, do you leave your roof vent open while not camping. My thermometer shows it got up to 101*F one day inside my T@B and that was with the roof vent open. Maybe the heat buildup had something to do with the window trim expanding?
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Verna, 
    Yes, I leave the roof vent open when I'm not camping about 3 to 4". I just went out and checked the seal again as it is about 90* were I live right now. It is still in place. Like i mentioned to boo, I don't think that small area where it started to come down was fully seated in the groove it is meant to fit in. I'll still keep an eye on it, and I checked all the other windows [passenger side and front] and saw no issues with those at all, soooo the mystery remains a mystery because it has been hotter than this previously and I didn't notice it bulging before.  :o
    Spokane, Wa.