Options

Tearstock 2014

CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
edited March 2015 in Camping & Travel
What a great event Tearstock was this year.  I planted the T@Bpole in the same spot as last year, site 1103, and actually had neighbors this year.  Terry Herd in his Silver Shadow was in the same spot, 1104, as last, but he stayed the entire weekend so I got a chance to speak with him.  On the other side of me, in site 1102, were Rich and Susan Eiswerth and their huge setup, which they made ample use of.  I ate well as I could just mooch off them all weekend long :D

I came in Thursday this year, due to work, but stayed through the weekend.  I really enjoyed roaming around and checking out all the other setups.  There were a lot more LG T@Bs this year (last year I was the only one) and I got a chance to see what others had been working on, as well as hear about the great places folks have gone over the last year.

I think the location is a real winner for this event.  The group area is nicely set up, with plenty of space, and the park is very nice. 

The staff for the park were excellent this year.  On Saturday we were hanging out in the afternoon and I said that I would really like to get a real fire going that evening.  We had no fire ring or wood, but I figured I would figure it out.  An hour later a back hoe comes rolling around, driven by a park employee.  He says that they were clearing out an old seasonal, and asked if we would like a pile of wood that he had loaded in the thing.  "Sure!" I say.  He looks around as sees no fire ring, "I'll get you one," he says.  A little while later a couple of guys roll up in a gator and drop off a fire ring.

I think of the scheduled events, the wine tasting was my favorite.  It had a cheery air to it, and there was a huge variety of wine being passed around so to speak.  There were also some excellent beers, which is what I brought.

Many folks rolled out on Saturday morning, with the remainder heading out Sunday before the rain came in.

I took tons of photos this year.  An unorganized mess of the can be found here, but below are a few select ones:

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
Sterling, VA

Comments

• Options
    IACamperIACamper Member Posts: 109
    And, of course, LG had arranged gorgeous weather!
    Kristi Des Moines, IA 2008 T@B L
  • Options
    XPADREXXPADREX Member Posts: 311
    Hey, if you look really close (like finding Waldo), you can see my T@b in one of those pix! Sweet.
    LOCATION: Fort Raccoon; UNIT: 2014 T@b S M@xxxx; MISSION: To have fun, make a difference, and make some friends along the way. Organ Donor Recipient- forever grateful. 
  • Options
    I am guessing it is sitting behind the Rough Rider. When I get home today I'll check and see if I have a better about of it.

Sterling, VA
  • Options
    I initially had my Visor XL on, but those gusts on Thursday made that a no go due to the position of my tab relative to the wind. First time this was an issue. The thing I love best about the T@b can best be experienced during Friday night's cooler weather. You walk back towards it, the light at the door providing a soft beacon... ...and then you get in, and all is well. Coffee on the pot, some snacks, and a movie on the DVD... and great sleeping weather. I will admit, I activated the Alde for a bit that night. LOL

This was my last camping trip for a while with one of my sons who we sent to college on Sunday (for the first time). He was thrilled to see the different tabs and little guys, and really enjoyed the factory tour. I wish I'd had the chance to meet more of you... ...but I was spending as much time with him as I could. A bittersweet weekend, made so much better by the T@b.
    LOCATION: Fort Raccoon; UNIT: 2014 T@b S M@xxxx; MISSION: To have fun, make a difference, and make some friends along the way. Organ Donor Recipient- forever grateful. 
  • Options
    BTW I absolutely love those two tone mypods. I want one now. LOL
  • Options
    Torres2906tabTorres2906tab Member Posts: 37
    We had to leave Friday morning. Anyone know who won the awards given out Friday night?
    Elaine ~ 2013 T@b U, aka Lei-la. TV 2010 GMC Terrain
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    The winners were the Mouse-K-Tear for best teardrop mods, SunT@B for best T@B mods and this one with the Hawaiian theme, for best campsite:

Congratulations Torres!

The two tone MyPod had a Rhino Liner put on it.  Indeed, very cool looking.

Sterling, VA
  • Options
    RZRBUGRZRBUG Member Posts: 890
    And in case no one noticed, there really was a lake nearby.  Had a great time.  Met some really nice people.
    Lake.jpg 482.9K

Larry & Booger - 2013 T@B, 2012 GMC Sierra

Happy Trails Y'all

States Visited Map