Options

Outside Storage Idea

I saw this on the back of an RV in CO and have been noodling how to make a similar idea work on a T@b. Thoughts? 

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

Comments

• Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    Could something be lashed onto the rear handles and the tire mount under the trailer?
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Isn't that what the Outback platform is for?
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    PXLated said:
    Isn't that what the Outback platform is for?
    This would be less expensive for non Outback owners. Also smaller footprint

Photomom said:
    Could something be lashed onto the rear handles and the tire mount under the trailer?
    I don't think I would go with lashing. To much of an opportunity for it to break loose. Underneath would loose ground clearance.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Really? How much "stuff" do you need to take? Jen, weren't you just talking in your other post about "downsizing"? Don't really think I would want those hanging off my T@B anywhere! Looks to me like a disaster waiting for a place to happen, Especially over bumps. My answer to more storage,....BIGGER TV!
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    PXL, by the way, I'm with you on the minimalist list! The T@B is a camping trailer, not a take everything you can stuff in it trailer. The more weight you put in it, the more you compromise what it was originally built for. Just my opinion.
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    I think it's strange that they chose to store their tire lock in an open basket ;). Hopefully they have it cable locked to prevent theft  B)
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    ericnliz said:
    Really? How much "stuff" do you need to take? Jen, weren't you just talking in your other post about "downsizing"? Don't really think I would want those hanging off my T@B anywhere! Looks to me like a disaster waiting for a place to happen, Especially over bumps. My answer to more storage,....BIGGER TV!
    Who said anything about more stuff? I think something like this would be great for stabilizer blocks and wheel chocks. Keep stuff that attracts dirt. The truth is even when keeping things to a minimal, working on the road requires you to bring more stuff.

Verna said:
    I think it's strange that they chose to store their tire lock in an open basket ;). Hopefully they have it cable locked to prevent theft  B)

I agree! Had the same thought!

• Options
    Jen, What doesn't attract dirt/ Whisk broom, and into the TV they go! Another thought, where would you put those where they either wouldn't bounce badly, or affix them where they wouldn't rub the finish off the trailer, or other spots. Sorry, open baskets to me are just a bad idea, inside, or outside. Makes me think Pop-T@B's idea of the tongue box looks better all the time.
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    ericnliz said:
    Jen, What doesn't attract dirt/ Whisk broom, and into the TV they go! Another thought, where would you put those where they either wouldn't bounce badly, or affix them where they wouldn't rub the finish off the trailer, or other spots. Sorry, open baskets to me are just a bad idea, inside, or outside. Makes me think Pop-T@B's idea of the tongue box looks better all the time.
    If I did this I probably would not use an open basket. I am pretty sure you can get them with lids. I would like to open up more free space inside of the T@b if possible.

• Options
    USWildflowersUSWildflowers Member Posts: 177
    A couple of hinge-lidded lockable baskets in the corners of the Outback roofrack (could be zip-tied in?) would be real nice for wheel chocks. I think I've got about a 12"x12" space in each corner leftover from the spare tire. I looked after your post, Jenn, and can't find said baskets. Ideas?
    gerry - Flintstone, GA - 2015 T@B S - 2012 Toyota Highlander