Options

Hallo und Guten T@B from Northern California.

Guten_TaBGuten_TaB Member Posts: 7
Long time tent campers, we decided to take the plunge.  We pick up our T@B on June 4.  We taken 2 trips so far. Our next will be August 23, and will be our first dry camp.  We are completely happy with our purchase.  I have been a lurker on the forum for about a year.  I wanted to make sure we knew what we would be getting into.  I would like to give thanks to all for posting. The knowledge base has been great to learn from.  I will be asking questions and posting pictures and mods I make on the T@B.
Eva and Martin, Guten_T@B, Sacramento, California. 2016 T@B Max CS-S

Comments

• Options
    TommyTommy Member Posts: 175
    Wilkommen von Nord Kalifornien :) Congratulations on your new T@b. We are new also - we picked ours up in May.
  • Options
    VeronicaVeronica Member Posts: 12
    Herzliche Wilkommen!
    First T@b trip August 15-Sept??, 2016.
    Nights in T@b: 23 (so far)
    States visited (including driving through): SC, NC, TN, KY, OH, IN, IL, WI, MN, ND, MT, AB (Alberta, Canada), MT, WY, SD and counting. 

• Options
    Congrats @TACOMAGUY! What area are you from?
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    TACOMAGUY, Congrats, and about time! I know you've been hangin' around here for a while, time to get out there and T@B some fun!
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    Congrats! We were preparing to go up to your neck of the woods and look at a Tab at the Anderson dealer when we stumbled upon our Outback at a RV lot closer to home. It was traded in unused/barely used.
  • Options
    No we're in the bay area - my brother lives in Redding. We know about Anderson because it's one of only a few Tab authorized dealers in northern CA. 
  • Options
    mash2mash2 Member Posts: 581
    Tommy, where i n the Bay area.  I'm in Albany....
  • Options
    Hi @mash2 - we're out in the Walnut Creek area.
  • Options
    TomStephens1TomStephens1 Member Posts: 88
    Congrats on the t@b. We found ours at Folsom RV in Rancho Cordova just about a year ago. Enjoy!

FYI: I called Little Guy today regarding a few warranty related, and minor, issues.  I told them that I can't get the camper in before the one-year expiration date. They were great about it.  They said it wouldn't be a problem bringing it in to the dealer a few days after its expiration. Now "that's" service!
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    edited September 2016
    @Guten_TaB, I have been remiss in my Welcoming duties to new forum and T@B owners!! Many apologies. I'll blame it on the burnt out brain cell that is recovering after imagining PXL's standard uniform for his 2am propane changes. :) Glad you are here!
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    TorzanneTorzanne Member Posts: 31
    edited September 2016
    First time posting here. We pick up our new T@B from Folsom RV tomorrow. Also from the bay area (Castro Valley). Nervous and excited - this will be our first camping trailer. So thankful for this forum, we have learned so much!
  • Options
    Guten_TaBGuten_TaB Member Posts: 7
    Hallo alle. Thank you for the welcome Ratkity. We too pick our T@B at Folsom RV.  Good service and a good walk thru with their lead service tech. We have enjoyed five trips with our T@B, and have learn a lot.  To you Northern California's, we just return from a camp site at Nevada City called the Inn Town Campground, a new site that has 18 rv sites 40 tent sites, and 15 glamping tents.  I will admit for me the rv site are to close together for me but still nice.  But the service and cleanliness is incredible, bathrooms, showers spotless. They have a communal building that has a lounge, reading area, a full communal kitchen and more showers.  While this isn't a backcountry camping area, this is great if you want to explore Nevada City, or the Yuba river area for Hiking.  The owners are very friendly and have great stories on their traveling experiences and where they got the idea to open this type of place. Until later enjoy.  Tschüss
    Eva and Martin, Guten_T@B, Sacramento, California. 2016 T@B Max CS-S
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Guten_T@B, I  used to live in Cedar Ridge, right neext to Nevada City. Great area for camping. lots of good places between there and Lake Tahoe as well. Sounds like you had fun. Glad you're enjoying your new T@B. We, like you don't go for the camp sites right on top of each other. When we go camping, we like some SPACE. That's why we usually don't opt for the full hook-up sites a lot of times because they are too close together. Love boondocking when I find good places. We plan on looking for some good spots between now and next March, or April to go so when we're ready, we have a good list of places to go. Have fun and keep on T@Bin'! :)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    There is an Oct@berfest  in northern Calif. Oct 21-23 at Olema RV resort and campground. All T@Bs are welcome. Call the resort for a reservation. There should be several first timers there. We have been to many of these rally's around the country. Always have a great time meet and make new friends. They are not heavily structured very causal meet and greet. Probably a pot luck on Saturday.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    TomStephens1TomStephens1 Member Posts: 88
    Sounds like fun, but headed up to Avenue of the Giants a few days before.  Then up to Arcata.  Be sure to post this again next year, and we will try to join in!

Wife and kids are dual citizens of US and Germany. We try to hit up as many Oktoberfests as possible!
  • Options
    csturcstur Member Posts: 26
    TACOMAGUY said:
    I am in the north part of CA. Near Redding, I can't believe I finally found a T@B. I pick it up this Friday:)

HI Tacomaguy, Congratulation on your T@B purchase, we love our T@B. We live in the Redding area also, currently in Shingletown. Scot and Carol
    Carol, Shingletown, CA, 2015 T@B M@xx-Q Silver/Black, 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee
  • Options
    csturcstur Member Posts: 26
    We got the T@B Q, no bath, grey with black trim. This is our second T@B, the first one was a Dutchmen, before Little Guy started making them. What do you have?? I was wondering if you were able to get to the OcT@Berfest at Olema SP. We went to their last gathering but weren't able to get there this weekend. There aren't as many T@B'bers on the west coast as other parts of the country. We are heading to AZ in January to T@Bizona. Great group of people, we were there last year too. Carol
    Carol, Shingletown, CA, 2015 T@B M@xx-Q Silver/Black, 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee