Options

Towing with 2014 or newer Jeep Cherokee 6 cylinder

anyone using a Jeep Cherokee to tow a T@B?

Comments

• Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    We have a 2015 Jeep GC with the V6. It tow's very well but fuel mileage takes a pretty big hit about 13 to 14 mpg at 65 to 70 mph. 
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    You didn't say which trim model. Only Limited, Trailhawk, and Latitude have sufficient tow capacity.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    ChrisKChrisK Member Posts: 273
    We have a 2014 Cherokee Lattitude. Tows the T@b great! Make sure you get the big engine and tow package.
    2014 T@b S Max AKA T@dpole
  • Options
    T@BalongT@Balong Member Posts: 317
    I've towed my T@B with a Jeep Cherokee Latitude, 3.2L six cylinder engine with the factory tow package for the past year.   My previous TV was a Subaru Forester, 2.5L four cylinder manual transmission.   With the 100 extra horsepower the Jeep provides, there is really no comparison.   We took it on a 5000 mile trip this summer, including significant mountain passes in southern Colorado and it performed flawlessly.   Mileage while towing was approximately 18mpg.
    2015 T@B 320 S, 2019 Jeep Cherokee
    States Visited Map
  • Options
    olallajohnolallajohn Member Posts: 3
     I tow my T@b S with a 2014 Cherokee TH  it works great but the gas mileage goes from 19-20 to 13-14. A plus is the backup camera that makes me look like a boss putting the ball directly under the hitch.
    Tacoma WA - 2017 T@B S-Max + 2014 Jeep Cherokee TH - Just me and the 4 legged navigator Tucker
  • Options
    rkhammondrkhammond Member Posts: 54
    We also tow with a 2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk (with tow package)...and as others have stated, it does a great job. Ours came pre-wired with both the a '4 flat' and a '7 blade' style round RV type plug, so it is ready to go for a couple types of trailer wiring. (The round style is what the Tab uses). Our brake controller was a breeze to install also...just had to specify the vehicle model to get the proper adapter/harness...and it all plugged right in in the driver under-dash footwell area). We have also towed over very steep mountain grades; it handles very well.
    Kelly & Roy ~ Wyoming
    2016 T@B Q ~ 
    2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
  • Options
    Radar7792Radar7792 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks to all I have a 2014 Laitude 3.2L but alas not the tow package. Bummerr