Options

Hello the camp

Greetings from Southern Iowa.  We recently moved here from Western South Dakota (Black Hills).  Wife wanted to be closer to grand-kids, I'd never admit it but I am having a ball with the kids.  I've been pulling campers and other trailers for nearly 50 years.  When we moved from S.D. we sold our camper.  Now the desire to get another camper is strong, at least for me.  The only thing I can find that I really like is the T@B.  The price is a bit shocking compared to other small campers but I still haven't found anything else that even comes close to the T@B.  If any of you fine folks who are of our generation ( OLD ), have any advice that will help to get the wife on board I'd sure appreciate it.  She is very concerned about the lack of space.  I maintain we would have all the space we need for storage and clothes in the back of the truck.  Hope to be T@Bbin soon.

Comments

• Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    rdstrain49, Do yourself [and the wife] a favor, browse through the forum. Lots of good info on storage inside the T@B, with and without modifications. My wife and I comfortably have the storage for clothing for a week of camping without having to go to a laundry mat. Coolers we keep in the back of the Tow vehicle, or under our side tent. The T@B was a great choice for us, and I did a LOT of research on all different kinds and shapes before we purchased ours. Good luck and don't be afraid to ask questions here. There are a lot of folks here that have owned their T@Bs longer than we have and a re a great source of information. By the way, our choice was the T@B S MAX. Wife insisted on the bathroom, and shower!
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Plenty of us oldies here :-)
    When I first started looking, I thought the same - small and pricy. Had looked at a few other smallish campers and finally stopped and looked at the T@B - it looked so small on the outside...spent some time inside and came away with the impression that it's a lot bigger inside than it looks and there's no small trailer with the build quality.
    I happen to be full timing it here in my retirement and between the T@B and my TV I can live comfortably. Not wanting for much.
    If possible you should take a day, find a T@B and lounge around in it. It's not right for everyone but it sure works well for most of us here on the forum.
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    edited September 2016
    What I find interesting is that I know and have run into people who have pulled trailers for many years but also reached a point that they were tired or fed up lugging around a 30-40' unit down the highway as it had become too much hassle and aggravation in towing and storing the longer units.  As noted the T@B trailer has plenty of amenities, tows easily and storage, though certainly limited, can be accomplished if you take the time to read the forum postings and suggestions therein.  

The smaller T@B unit is handy for me, I love towing it and since I purchased my T@B Max S have not used the campground showers.  I use my Norcold frig on propane when boondocking or have it powered up via 120V shore power as needed and will soon purchase a new solar panel to supplement my power usage when camping remotely and off the grid.   Obviously there are some adjustments you will need to make when moving from a large trailer unit to the smaller T@B but they are fun trailers, are well built, lightweight and have plenty of amenities too.  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    One other nice thing - I never, ever have to worry about finding a spot to camp - I can get the T@B into a tent site if I have.
  • Options
    Guten_TaBGuten_TaB Member Posts: 7
    We are very new to RV or Trailers, long time tent campers and backpackers.  I've never towed a trailer before. Very easy for me now. I had to convince my wife on one, she was unsure we would use it enough.  Once at the dealer I got sticker shock.  But once we sat in one, that was it. Only two visits to the dealer.  My wife wanted one, and we were able to get the price down.  We are loving it.  We are lucky that we have a dealer close, and we have a rental place that's has 4 T@Bs for rent. We never made it to rent one, our decision was made when we visited the dealer. Best of luck. Get to a dealer.
    Eva and Martin, Guten_T@B, Sacramento, California. 2016 T@B Max CS-S
  • Options
    IrishCamper74IrishCamper74 Member Posts: 237
    Definitely track down a dealer that has the model you want, in stock. T@bs are deceivingly small in photographs. Once husband and I saw one, we were sold. He's not a small dude & he was impressed with the inside layout. 
    Light a campfire and everyone's a storyteller. ~John Geddes

2017 t@b CS, silver with green trim.
    TV: 2017 Honda Ridgeline.