Options

Favorite campgrounds in New England

I have a few favorites as far as tent camping but being new to the t@b world, I'd love some input about everyone's favorite campgrounds in the New England area.

What are some of your favorite places to camp with your t@b?
Campgrounds to avoid?
Thanks everyone in advance. :star:

Light a campfire and everyone's a storyteller. ~John Geddes

2017 t@b CS, silver with green trim.
TV: 2017 Honda Ridgeline.

Comments

• Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    We recently camped at Mount Desert Campground near Acadia NP and loved it. Only a few sites are T@B friendly so be sure to talk to the office when reserving a site.

Chewonki Campground near Wiscasset was very nice too, but pricy.

In Vermont we camped at Ft Dummer State Park near Brattleboro. Great campsites, but no water or electric so it was DH's least favorite. I loved it though, if you go there check and see if the fairy houses I built behind site 21 are still there!
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    IrishCamper74IrishCamper74 Member Posts: 237
    Photomom said:
    We recently camped at Mount Desert Campground near Acadia NP and loved it. Only a few sites are T@B friendly so be sure to talk to the office when reserving a site.

In Vermont we camped at Ft Dummer State Park near Brattleboro. Great campsites, but no water or electric so it was DH's least favorite. I loved it though, if you go there check and see if the fairy houses I built behind site 21 are still there!
    I was just up there, a bit north of Brattleboro near a town called Jamaica. Rented a cabin in the woods, me & the pup on a little adventure.
    I remember seeing signs for that park; I'll def check it out & look for your fairy houses! 
    I love going to Vermont, so beautiful there & friendlier folks. 

Thanks Photomom! :sunglasses:
    Light a campfire and everyone's a storyteller. ~John Geddes

2017 t@b CS, silver with green trim.
    TV: 2017 Honda Ridgeline.
  • Options
    irvingjirvingj Member Posts: 335
    edited September 2016
    Always one of my favorites: Grand Isle State Park (VT) up on Lake Champlain. T@Bs fit right in. Went there a couple of years ago with ours, but I've been there many times tenting and dragging my boat & family along. Nice facilities; quite family friendly, but still relatively quiet. Lots to do & explore in the area. Gorgeous scenery.
  • Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    Photomom said:

I was just up there, a bit north of Brattleboro near a town called Jamaica. Rented a cabin in the woods, me & the pup on a little adventure.
    I remember seeing signs for that park; I'll def check it out & look for your fairy houses! 
    I love going to Vermont, so beautiful there & friendlier folks. 

Thanks Photomom! :sunglasses:
    If you do go to Ft Dummer check out the old quarry. Cool place and there's an earthcache there if you like geocaching.
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    KiddydocKiddydoc Member Posts: 15
    1.Fisherman's Memorial State Park in Galillee. RI...very quiet after labor day.  Beaches and the Block Island Ferry are a short bike ride away.
    2.Camden Hills State Park in Camden Maine...a great midcoast location outside of the charming town of Camden.  Great hiking trails
    3.Schoodic Woods Campground (in the Schoodic Section of Acadia National Park) newly opened and a gem of a national park campground. Electric at all sites, some with water.  Great Hiking, biking, free shuttle bus around the peninsula.  Ferry available to Bar Harbor.
    4. Recompense Shore Campground outside of Freeport,Maine.  close enough, but not too close to LL Bean.  Nice working Farm.  Great with kids.
  • Options
    irvingjirvingj Member Posts: 335
    Oh, yeah… forgot to mention it earlier, but also Button Bay State Park near Vergennes, VT, on the "way southern" end of Champlain. Short hops to Port Henry, Crown Point, and Fort Ticonderoga in NY State.