Options

Adding a Personalized Name to the back of your T@B?

mickietucsmickietucs Member Posts: 709
edited October 2014 in Trailer & Towing
Was up at the Phoenix dealer yesterday (getting closer to putting in my order!). Had a question about those of you who have put a decal on the back personalizing your T@B. Did I read somewhere that the factory will do this for you when you order? Or has everyone done it themselves? If you had to do it yourself where did you get it done and how difficult was it to put on? I'm hoping the factory can do it but now I can't remember. I also tried to search for photos of those who have done this but didn't remember which heading to look under. Is there a particular area to search? Thanks! Michele
Michele, Tucson, AZ. TV - '13 F150 & '16 T@Bitha special order.

You never really travel alone. The world is full of friends waiting to get to know you!

Comments

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    Hi Michele,

You probably should contact Little Guy Worldwide and discuss it with them as they do have a graphics firm who can customize a vinyl wrap or personalized insignia for your trailer.  Carolyn and Tom (with the tie-dye graphics) could probably weigh in on this too as their trailer is wrapped in vinyl and very cool!   very cool looking exterior LED lighting on it as well and rocked out the rally at Atwood lake!  ^:)^
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    RZRBUGRZRBUG Member Posts: 890

I ordered my lettering from buildasign.com.  You can customize the font, size and color.  Application instructions are included.  Getting it centered, leveled, and applied without wrinkles is a little tricky.  I did some measuring and marking with a graphite pencil that could easily be erased after application.  If you can find a shop that it will do it for you, it will go much better, although it will probably be a bit more costly.  Most areas have shops that can design and apply these.  Yellow Pages under automotive or truck should turn some up.

Larry & Booger - 2013 T@B, 2012 GMC Sierra

Happy Trails Y'all

States Visited Map

• Options
    XPADREXXPADREX Member Posts: 311
    Rzr... your oval stickers are pretty cool... where'd you get those?
    LOCATION: Fort Raccoon; UNIT: 2014 T@b S M@xxxx; MISSION: To have fun, make a difference, and make some friends along the way. Organ Donor Recipient- forever grateful. 
  • Options
    RZRBUGRZRBUG Member Posts: 890

Thanks.  The ones in front came from gaspumpheaven.com  The back one is a truck rear window that I cut to size.  I cut out parts of the leftover and used them elsewhere, mostly inside.  I forgot the site, but I seem to recall several places having them.

Larry & Booger - 2013 T@B, 2012 GMC Sierra

Happy Trails Y'all

States Visited Map

• Options
    I did receive a note back from the factory yesterday evening as follows and regarding whether or not they could install graphics on a trailer:   The signature would need to be captured electronically but then it could be transferred into a vinyl... There are other options but they are more expensive.
  • Options
    woodzelwoodzel Member Posts: 10
    We found our lettering ordered from Etsy.com site so easy to put on and you can pick your own font..add little designs, like the ladybugs we used. Go to Canodesign.com. Or the Canodesign shop within Etsy...and custom design your own...we asked for the size we wanted and color match was perfect....price was right...thru five weeks of sun, sand and rain and looks perfect so far...so try that. We ordered two have one on back of clamshell trunk and on side...thinking of maybe the other side too..many nice comments.

T@B CS "The Bedbug"
  • Options
    I tried to respond last night to everyone but for some weird reason when I'm using my Kindle Fire on the site the keyboard "disappears" when I want to leave a comment. But works if I begin a discussion. I've yet to figure out why it's doing that!

Anyway, thanks to all for their input. I'll talk to the dealer when the time comes about possibly sending the "signature" electronically to the factory. Or will also look into having it done on one of the sites that others have suggested. But I'll for sure need to have someone else put it on - I wouldn't want to mess it up!

You never really travel alone. The world is full of friends waiting to get to know you!

• Options
    woodzelwoodzel Member Posts: 10
    It's not really that hard .

T@B CS "The Bedbug"
  • Options
    rverginiarverginia Member Posts: 21
    I designed mine in power point and sent it as a PDF file to my local FastSigns. Around $50.
    I ordered the T@B without any logos. The dealer installed my decal.
    Bob and Pam, Martha Lake, Washington 2015 T@B Q M@xx PorT@Bella, Mercedes GLK-350, Shitake the Kayak, and our bikes - Chan and trelle.
  • Options
    That's very cool!  
  • Options
    tphorntphorn Member Posts: 12
    Most sign companies can make the graphics very reasonably. I found a company thar had a library of designs and horses cut to install. Talk to Ed Kaufman at Pleasant valley Campers- He can make almost anything for you..Hes a great guy to work with.
    Happy 2013 t@b owners Greentown, Ohio
  • Options
    Thanks everyone --- I'm getting some estimates on local graphic places, the online sites (Canoedesign and Fastsigns) and will talk w/the factory too.