Options

Honda EU2000i overloading with a.c.

Based on recommendation on the forum, I bought a Honda EU2000i generator to power my 2017 T@B S Max.  I've been testing it in my driveway and am running into random overloads.  I'm running the Danby 5000 BTU ac and the Norcold on ac.  
Seems everyone says it should be plenty adequate for the task, but apparently not.  Any advice?

Fred and Nicole Willison
Tulsa, OK
2017 Tab S Max Outback silver/silver

Comments

• Options
    Fatman1966Fatman1966 Member Posts: 145
    I think the AC will max it. I believe I read all appliances and lights will run on a EU2000 without the AC. With the AC on turn everything else must move  to battery or propane I think is what people do. 
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    I never run my fridge off the gen - always on propane. The AC (stock Fridgidare) doesn't task the gen at all, doesn't even throw it into high gear.
    I have gotten an overload once in awhile if I start the gen while connected to the T@B - in those cases I start it up unconnected and let it run for a minute or two and then plug the T@B into it.
  • Options
    fwillisonfwillison Member Posts: 35
    I just realized the Alde was on and set to AC power.  
    I suspect the intermittent overload could have been when the Alde came on to heat the hot water.  I imagine that would be enough to overload the Honda.
    That's my theory, anyway.  Turned off the Alde and running just the Danby AC and the Norcold.  A couple of hours so far and so good.  We shall see.
    Fred and Nicole Willison
    Tulsa, OK
    2017 Tab S Max Outback silver/silver
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    When the Alde kicks in, it does send the gen into high gear if I have the first slider set on. If I leave the first slider off, it sticks to propane.