Winterizing Newer T@Bs

DurangoTaBDurangoTaB Member Posts: 754
Does anyone have updated instructions for winterizing newer (i.e. Alde) T@Bs?

J.D. & Sue

Durango, CO    2014/15 S M@xx :  "Dory's HabiT@B"  Keep on swimming...

Comments

• andyheandyhe Member Posts: 20

When I took delivery of my trailer, the guy covered winterization which involves blowing out the whole system with pressurized air (not to exceed 50 psi).  There will also be a couple of drain valves to open to drain the water tank and the heat exchanger in the Alde.  I don't think the alde needs to have it's antifreeze drained since it shouldn't freeze.

Did they not cover that when you took delivery?  But yes, it really should be documented in the literature that came with it.

• DurangoTaBDurangoTaB Member Posts: 754
    When we ordered our T@B in February, the salesman had never seen one; when we picked it up in May he had a little more experience (mostly from DE-winterizing shipped T@Bs). I spent an hour with him a couple days ago, shot a bunch of pix, and put together a powerpoint instructive on winterizing based on his comments, our other RV dealer, and Camco documentation. I sent it to LG (Scott) who's having it reviewed by Marv (?) for correctness and upgrades.

J.D. & Sue

• T@BalongT@Balong Member Posts: 317
    Will you be able to post or share it here after you get Little Guy's feedback on it?   Many of us would find it very helpful!
    2015 T@B 320 S, 2019 Jeep Cherokee
    States Visited Map
  • WanderooWanderoo Member Posts: 553

Oh, wow, that would be SUPER, DurangoT@B!  We need that type of information and pictorial documentation.  I spent a hunk of time yesterday surfing the Alde website trying to find information about it, but all I found was a blurp telling me to drain the water from the hot water tank.  I think I located a picture of where the water lines come out on the back of the Alde, and I'm going to attempt to drain it tomorrow.  Apparently, there are T-stem valves located on the top of those lines that you "turn" to drain the water.  It is supposed to drain underneath the T@B.  As for blowing out the lines after I get it drained, that will be another story.  All I have is a little air compressor I use for my tires, and I don't know if it will be good enough.

Thanks, DurangoT@B for your efforts in this regard.  It is much appreciated.

=D>
    Beth, 2015 Toyota Tacoma (Ramblin' Rose), 2014 T@B S M@xx (ClemenT@B)
  • Bob_EBob_E Member Posts: 4
    Turn the T stems in the direction of flow and PULL UP the stems to drain.

Hi, Bob -- That's exactly what I did and it worked.  Water drained out below the T@B.  In this process I discovered that not all of the T@Bs (that have the Alde's) have the same water lines/piping/valves.  Do you blow your lines out with compressed air?  Do you put pink stuff in the drains?

Thanks!!!!

:)>-
  • DurangoTaBDurangoTaB Member Posts: 754
    FYI...LG responded that it might take 1-2 weeks for them to review the powerpoint slides (maybe 6). We're already getting some early season snow in the hgh country (above 12,000ft), but by early October we could see 32deg overnight here in Durango (ya never know here!). I'll share LGs comments and my slides ASAP!

J.D. & Sue

• dpeters379dpeters379 Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2015
    I've been surfing the web trying to find detailed instructions and pics if possible to de-winterize our 2015 Clamshell. The guy at the dealer (4 hours away) didn't have a clue and the manual isn't clear. If someone has a link or something with some directions I would really appreciate it.
    edited November 2021

dpeters -- Fellow T@B owners "Breakaway" posted a self-compiled manual which has been helpful for many owners.  You can find it here (T@B Technical Area).   Keep in mind that your 2015 Clamshell may not be absolutely the same.  My 2014 S Maxx is slightly different, but the procedure is basically the same.

http://www.tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/499/owners-manual-for-an-early-2014-s-m-x/p1