Options

definitely a good decision

Recently returned from a road trip down to Carolina Beach, NC & thought for sure, I'd see a t@b on the highway.... no dice. :disappointed:

I did, however see, a LOT of big full size camper/buses that completely reaffirmed my decision to go with a t@b.

The thought of driving those monstrosities, maneuvering them into a site, hooking them up, cleaning them, etc.... no.....just no.
As they may be perfect for some, not for us.

Can't wait until March when I pick up our t@b.  :)

Light a campfire and everyone's a storyteller. ~John Geddes

2017 t@b CS, silver with green trim.
TV: 2017 Honda Ridgeline.

Comments

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,452
    Another nice feature is that you can put your little T@B just about anywhere you can put a tent. That was premium for me. Having explored many campgrounds while tenting, I knew the RV areas were not where I wanted to make my camp!
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    ScottG, and IrishCamper74, Certainly one of the biggest reasons we bought our T@B was also the versatility to be able to get into places larger RVs could not/would not. Not only that aspect, but to be able to pull in, and turn it 180*, or just about any position you desire was really a big plus as well. I love it when I can put my door the opposite direction of the folks next to me for more privacy.  ;)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    TabberJohnTabberJohn Member Posts: 588
    ScottG said:
    Another nice feature is that you can put your little T@B just about anywhere you can put a tent. That was premium for me. Having explored many campgrounds while tenting, I knew the RV areas were not where I wanted to make my camp!

What is the policy at most campgrounds regarding drive-in tent sites if you have teardrop and don't care about hookups?
    Do most let you use a tent site if you ask?
    2015 T@B Max S (White/Silver) -> 2014 Ford Escape 2.0L (turbo, AWD, factory tow)
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    TabberJohn, The ONLY issue that I have personally run into is the campgrounds with tent sites that have a pad separated by either BIG rocks, logs, or railings to separate the campsite, and/or protect it from being driven on. Every single one like this I have gone to still has the room to park both the T@B, and the tow vehicle comfortably. I've NEVER been asked to move, or had an issue. This is however just a personal experience, others may vary, I don't know, and haven't heard to the contrary.
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,452
    What is the policy at most campgrounds regarding drive-in tent sites if you have teardrop and don't care about hookups?
    Do most let you use a tent site if you ask?
    I've never had an issue, though I mostly camp at state parks where if you can park it, you can have it. Only time I was ever denied a site was at a private campground near Great Smokies NP when I wanted to park my tent on (and pay for) an RV site. I had to camp in a small field, which became a small pond when it rained. The floor of the tent became, literally, a waterbed (though it never leaked a drop). If you haven't figured it out, I'm still a little PO'd about that incident...  
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    TabAgilityTabAgility Member Posts: 9
    IrishCamper74, we just picked up our t@b in Aug from Wilmington RV, just down the road from Carolina Beach.   We'll be on the road next weekend with it (as long as Matthew stays away)!
    Tim & Michelle - Raleigh, NC

2017 T@B Max S:   @gility cott@ge on the go!

• Options
    IrishCamper74IrishCamper74 Member Posts: 237
    IrishCamper74, we just picked up our t@b in Aug from Wilmington RV, just down the road from Carolina Beach.   We'll be on the road next weekend with it (as long as Matthew stays away)!
    We drove passed & saw some t@bs in the lot, they were gone a few days later.
    Hope you love yours & get to go camping soon in it! :smiley:
    Light a campfire and everyone's a storyteller. ~John Geddes

2017 t@b CS, silver with green trim.
    TV: 2017 Honda Ridgeline.
  • Options
    irvingjirvingj Member Posts: 335
    Ditto on the tent-site experience-- as with others, I don't think we were ever denied the use of a tent site for our T@B. In fact, many times the "receptionist"/registrar seemed relieved that we didn't need any hook-ups, which often resulted in more choices for us and more rented spaces for the campground. (Isn't that called a "win-win"?)

Have fun!