Options

Winter Camping

greggburchgreggburch Member Posts: 7
We bought a new T@B this summer and plan to take it out this winter into freezing conditions. Is it safe to assume that with the ALDE heat we won't have the other water systems freeze?

Comments

• Options
    andyheandyhe Member Posts: 20

Be careful of the outside shower head as that will be exposed to the cold and will have stationary water in both the hot and cold water lines going to it.  I don't believe there is a separate cutoff valve for those two water lines going to the shower though I guess they would be fairly simple to add.

• Options
    DurangoTaBDurangoTaB Member Posts: 754
    I've asked the same question, and the general advice seems to be keep the Alde on overnight (mine keeps the T@B around 52 at the lowest setting), open the door to the fresh water tank, keep the shower/toilet door open (if you have one as we do), and throw some pink stuff in the black and gray water tanks. I'm assuming you're not hooked up to "city" water, otherwise you might get one of those fancy heated/traced hoses, or just disconnect it at night. If you're camping in areas like us in the West, stuff warms up nicely with the sun, so the challenge to to keep anything that'd burst from freezing overnight. I suppose an extreme would be to winterize everything then not use the hot/cold water or shower/toilet, but if it's that cold we probably wouldn't go out.

J.D. & Sue

Durango, CO    2014/15 S M@xx :  "Dory's HabiT@B"  Keep on swimming...