Options

Max S water pump access door in shower; latch won't grab

TabberJohnTabberJohn Member Posts: 588

First clue is the latch bolt does not strike the catch plate on the beveled lip of the bolt.
You have to slightly depress the plunger in order to push the door closed.
However, no matter how hard you push on the door it never latches.

I plan to file down the aluminum catch plate about 1/8" so it will strike the bevel and there will be less travel to engage the plate.
Before I do that I'm wondering if anyone else has run into this issue.
If your access door closes fine, how does the your catch plate height compare to mine?

Thanks.

2015 T@B Max S (White/Silver) -> 2014 Ford Escape 2.0L (turbo, AWD, factory tow)

Comments

• Options
    EmyEmy Member Posts: 24
    No advice, but my latch was a dud, too. I gave up when I dropped parts of it down into the abyss. Replaced it with a different boat latch and glued a stone on the cutout.
    emily . northern ohio . 2015 320s . jeep wrangler
  • Options
    TabberJohnTabberJohn Member Posts: 588
    edited April 2017
    Yes that abyss swallows everything and you can forget about retrieval unless you can locate a gecko robot with illuminated camera eyes.
    I learned that the hard way, but here's a tip to anyone who needs to work in that area. Tape a sheet of plastic or stuff something across the opening BEFORE you stick a tool in there or unscrew any part from the water pump. :s
    2015 T@B Max S (White/Silver) -> 2014 Ford Escape 2.0L (turbo, AWD, factory tow)