Options

Water infiltration thru Cool-Kat exterior vent?

We have a 2006 T@B Clamshell with the cool-kat a/c-heatpump combo.  I noticed on our trip to Niagara Falls, Canada and recently to Kansas, both in heavy rain, we had some water on the entry floor in the trailer at the end of the day, but only when traveling - not when parked.  Originally thought it was entering thru the bottom seam at the front of the trailer but now think it may be coming in via the a/c vent on the driver side of the trailer.  Noticed I was able to see daylight from the inside of the trailer when I had the a/c top off when installing the new a/c and USB outlets recently.

Has anyone else experienced water infiltration during travel like this with a cool-kat unit?  If so, any resolutions?

Thanks,
John
John & Cheryl
2007 T@B ClamShell by Dutchman "Goli@th"
2018 Chevy Colorado V-6
Edmond, OK

Comments

• Options
    irvingjirvingj Member Posts: 335
    I had a T@B like that (recently sold). I don't recall water coming in through/around the heat pump, though I guess it could be possible. In our case as well, water intrusion seemed to be most prevalent when traveling.

If the front seam between the floor & the curved front seems intact, I'd suggest you carefully check the seams around the plastic wheel wells, where they're stapled to the floor. Look for a fine sand on the floor areas around them, a good sign that road spray has been coming in. Those tires can send up a pretty powerful spray when traveling in the rain.
  • Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    What @irvingj said.  Check the wheel well seams and make sure they are sealed tight. 

I have had no problems with water intrusion on my CoolKat either, but i do understand it can happen.  @Mouseketab has a piece of plexiglass that she bolts over the outside vent with wingnuts to help prevent this issue.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA