Options

Greetings from Portland Oregon

jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
Although we've owned our used 2015 T@B Max S Outback since 7/28/16, we've had only 2 nights camping in our Tabitat. We'll have more, likely in the rain but that's the silver lining. Our standard poodle Guiness, gray like our Outback, commandeered the bed while our lab mix Porter took the floor space. Our trial trip was just 30 miles away on Sauvie Island, at Reeder Beach Resort, reasonable rates for full hookups and a black/gray water dump site at every campsite. We turned the T@B 90 degrees to have the mighty Columbia out our front door and it was stunning. Migrating geese, huge barges, sunrise fishermen-and outatown! The learning curve is steep for "never towed anything" and haven't camped in ~ 30 years but it was time! Now we've got to practice with the Alde in our driveway.
John, Judi, Guiness, and Porter 
2015 T@B Max S Outback Tabitat and 2006 4Runner 
I am still struggling to reduce and insert photos.

John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

Comments

• Options
    leroybortleroybort Member Posts: 61
    Welcome!  The people are friendly and informative.  
    Sug@rsh@ck -  2016 Max S Outback, 2016 Nissan Pathfinder.  
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    All trips no matter how far away are fun - The Alde is fairly easy to manage.
  • Options
    SnapDogSnapDog Member Posts: 53
    Lovely sunset photo. It sounds like a great camping spot for your first trip. Two humans and two large-ish dogs. I'm impressed! I've been wondering how we'll manage with two small(ish) Whippets. Maybe we can convince one to sleep in the shower. ...
    Sn@pDog, 2017 Outback, Silver w/black trim
  • Options
    TommyTommy Member Posts: 175
    Welcome from Northern CA!

• Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    Welcome. The dogs can't be more difficult than our boys. We are two adults and two growing boys aged 10 and 11. We did six weeks in our 2017 max s sofitel this summer. Couldn't convince either one to curl up in the shower or the floor but we managed.  Says a lot for togetherness and I'd bet the dogs are more cooperative! Relax and enjoy. (Yes, I predict there may be a t@b tent in our future.)
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Welcome!!
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Welcome from another Pacific North Westerner! [Spokane] Lots of great places to camp in our neck of the woods, get out there and explore. Sometimes getting lost can be the best of experiences! Nice photos by the way!
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    JustjudyJustjudy Member Posts: 75
    Hello from the Oregon coast. Enjoy your Tabitat!
    Larry and Judy. 2015 T@B S M@xx. Silver with black trim. Bell@. Towed by a 2005 Toyota Tacoma.
  • Options
    Thanks to all for the welcome. And much gratitude to the many who have answered my questions. This forum is the best, and the moderators and other members are better than a travel trailer Wikipedia! On another note, I'm hoping the Tabsters from the SEastern seaboard are safe and sound. I've been thinking about them all week.

• Options
    duncanmarladuncanmarla Member Posts: 12

We haven't tried our two standards in the TAB yet, but it sounds feasible so we will give it a go.

2016 Subie Outback V6. S Max. 
  • Options
    So, after the first night...the two 75# boys slept in th TV. we backed the 4Runner close to the T@B with the window open a couple of inches and I kept my window open so I could hear them. They did sound the alarm @ 5:00 am when the fellow next door left for work, but only briefly because I threatened I'd come out there! So, feasible? If you claim the bed first and can get them to bend their legs, it's possible you can enjoy a two dog night.