Options

What is really "Standard?" Looking to buy soon...

I have been searching the internet and researching for a while now, and we know we want the T@B Max S. Two questions:

First, what I am also seeing is the same model with different add on's or features that vary greatly by the dealer. Our local dealer offers what seems to be the bare minimum. One across the state includes the platform, which I really want but don't want to pay $470 (plus figure out installation) from our local dealer. Today I googled a Hadocy in Ohio and their models on hand showed two small outside hatches I'd never seen before. Same year, same model as the one here in town. One looks like an outdoor shower set up, and the other may just be a reach through hatch. They also have the outside mount for the Lagun table, something others have modified for themselves on this board. The husband said no to flying to Ohio to check them out(sigh...). Makes sense. Obviously I'd like most all of the basic and wanted bells and whistles included in the cost.

Second question is that now that it is fall and camping season is drawing to a close in the northern states do the dealers stop getting in new stock until January? We have a large RV show in town the third week of January. We are wondering if we should wait until then, or get a discounted model sooner if one in our color choice shows up. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks in advance for your advice!
2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    The dealer will request add-ones that seem to sell well to their customers. Not all options sell well, just like on trucks and cars. 

Typically, the dealers will only have a few campers at each RV show since they have to transport them, and take them back if they don't sell.  Get there early, have the necessary 7-pin plug on your tow vehicle and the proper sized hitch and ball on your tow vehicle.  And don't forget, if you are in the snowy states, you may have to deal with snow and/or ice on the roads towing home. 

Don't forget to check out the owner T@B's and accessories that are for sale here on the forum. You may find a slightly used one close enough to buy. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,496
    Thanks for this! 
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,496
    I called Little Guy and asked their salesman the first question. He said that the dealers order in what they want, but that they all have the same pricing sheet with all the add-on's and we could special order one this way. That made a  lot more sense to me, and DH thinks this will be a good idea. Thanks again!