Options

Special order delivery time

So excited that I am finally getting to order my T@b Max S next week!  I have just one question. (for now) For those of you who ordered your T@b, how long did it take from your order to delivery time? I realize location makes a difference, but I'm just trying to get a general idea. I live in Alabama.  Thanks, Dave

2017 T@b 320 - 'Smokey'  2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport - 'B@ndit'
Dave - Tuscaloosa, Al

Comments

• Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    My impression is that larger dealers get trailers sooner. Another factor to consider. Your dealer "should" be able to give you an estimate.
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    I ordered thru a really small dealer. Time of year probably makes a bigger difference. I ordered mine in late July and took delivery in early October. Somewhat end of season.
  • Options
    I ordered from a small dealer, took 7 months. Ordered in October, it was built in March and I got it in May - in part, there weren't enough trailers coming my way to justify shipping. There seem to be a number of factors, some of which we can only guess at.
  • Options
    Concerning delivery - I was given the option of picking mine up at the factory and saving the delivery fee but the trip would have have cost about the same so a factory guy towed it to MN a couple weeks later. But that was fall so I imagine it's the slowest time at the factory - end of season, not quite getting busy for spring deliveries yet.
  • Options
    JandJ92010JandJ92010 Member Posts: 304
    We waited 11 weeks for ours, live only about two hours from the factory.
    The HobbiT@B, 2015-L, towed by a2014 RAM C/V
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,494
    edited October 2016
    We are planning to order ours today and include it with the dealers order. We were told 4-5 months for delivery, but that they give preference to custom orders. Since we are in snow country (Eastern Washington), this works well for us. We were also told that to include it with the dealers order it would be shipped back with theirs and no extra shipping fee would be added. If we ordered it alone with out add-on's the shipping could run from $500-1500 depending on where it came from.  Hope this helps!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Homebodyatheart, Just curious, where in Eastern Washington, and who did you go through to order? Thanks, Eric
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    tabasco_jimtabasco_jim Member Posts: 54
    We ordered ours mid July and picked it up the last week of September.
    2017 T@B Max S, 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, Birmingham, Al
  • Options
    tabasco_jim - Roughly the same length, timeframe as me. Betting fewer orders in the factory and the dealers haven't started sending their spring delivery orders in yet.
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,494
    EricnLiz: Spokane, RnR Liberty Lake (had very poor experience at the north location), and we also thank Dale and Sandi for their help! I'm up for a group campout next season!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    Homebodyatheart, Welcome aboard! RNR Liberty lake is also where we got our T@B. Knowledgeable people and really good to work with. I haven't been to the North side store as yet. Dale and Sandi are great folks, and would love to be a part of a group campout next season
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    planobenzplanobenz Member Posts: 18
    I ordered mine on 8/3.  Will be picking it up at the factory along with a tour next week (12 weeks).  It is a Sofitel with all of the options plus: rain sensing fan, high efficiency (3 ah) all-electric fridge (no outside vents), Outback tongue box and 120 ah lithium-ion deep cell battery.  The savings by doing a factory pickup saved: dealer prep ($750), freight ($800-$1,200) and a very competitive purchase price brought the whole deal under what I could find a 2 year old vanilla used TAB.  Not to mention a built in first adventure loaded with Fall colors.

I studied this forum for months to figure out how to configure and order it. I believed I have saved over over $7,000 so far. I plan to give back by sharing my experiences. Thank you everyone and let the adventures begin!

Plano TX, 2017 T@B S Max Sofitel, 2017 Honda Ridgeline
  • Options
    "I plan to give back by sharing my experiences" <- We prefer cash :-)
  • Options
    HR_TalyHR_Taly Member Posts: 119
    @pablobenz that's really fascinating!  Your dealer sounds amazing as they worked with you on all of those things. I had thought if I were special ordering I'd get no discount at all and may even pay more.  Sure, the dealer would know it was a guaranteed sale and wouldn't have to risk a T@B sitting on the lot, but they'd also know that they had me hooked so wouldn't have to discount to seal the deal.

Would you mind sharing who you worked with (or sending me a PM with the info)? I'll be placing my order next month and have flexibility on who to order from.  Since I'm looking for pickup in April, I think I should be fine time-wise.  It would be nice to find a dealer willing to work on some custom options with me!

2018 T@B Max S silver and black (aka TadT@B), Full-timing since July 2017

• Options
    PXL, Play nice with the new folks! =)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    I am, cash is king :-) :-)
  • Options
    You're probably promoting this to pay for your fridge repair, huh? ;)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Every little donation helps - Haven't seen yours yet :-)
  • Options
    I sent it by carrier pigeon with GPS, you didn't get it yet? :o
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    edited October 2016
    Next time I'll know to have it direct deposited :-)
  • Options
     =) 
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    RollingBnBRollingBnB Member Posts: 322
    planobenz said:
    I ordered mine on 8/3.  Will be picking it up at the factory along with a tour next week (12 weeks).  It is a Sofitel with all of the options plus: rain sensing fan, high efficiency (3 ah) all-electric fridge (no outside vents), Outback tongue box and 120 ah lithium-ion deep cell battery.  The savings by doing a factory pickup saved: dealer prep ($750), freight ($800-$1,200) and a very competitive purchase price brought the whole deal under what I could find a 2 year old vanilla used TAB.  Not to mention a built in first adventure loaded with Fall colors.

I studied this forum for months to figure out how to configure and order it. I believed I have saved over over $7,000 so far. I plan to give back by sharing my experiences. Thank you everyone and let the adventures begin!

Can you let us know which dealer you bought through. We would love to pick up at the factory.
    2020 Tiffin Open Road
    2020 Nissan Versa Toad 
    Alan & Patty
    Southern Az
  • Options
    You can pick up at the factory with any dealer. Just got to tell them so they can factor that into the price.
  • Options
    $750 dealer prep?
  • Options
    Where is the factory (old and new)?
    2020 Tiffin Open Road
    2020 Nissan Versa Toad 
    Alan & Patty
    Southern Az
  • Options
    dmerzbacdmerzbac Member Posts: 289
    Sugarcreek. Ohio

Dave - Tuscaloosa, Al

• Options
    edited October 2016
    dmerzbac said:
    Sugarcreek. Ohio

Is the new one there also ?
    2020 Tiffin Open Road
    2020 Nissan Versa Toad 
    Alan & Patty
    Southern Az
  • Options
    Yes

Dave - Tuscaloosa, Al

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    PXLated said:
    Concerning delivery - I was given the option of picking mine up at the factory and saving the delivery fee but the trip would have have cost about the same so a factory guy towed it to MN a couple weeks later. But that was fall so I imagine it's the slowest time at the factory - end of season, not quite getting busy for spring deliveries yet.
    I asked if I could do that since the factory was closer than any dealer, at the time and was told, "no." So, I guess it depends on who you ask?

I ordered in early Feb and it was available in May.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    I guess I will discuss options with my dealer when I order Wednesday. I don't like having to pay all of the extra money for freight, but from Tuscaloosa to Sugarcreek, Ohio and back is a long haul! Dave

Dave - Tuscaloosa, Al