Options

Newbie T@B owner

I just bought a 2016 Max CS-S. It had one owner but apparently never used, it still has the plastic on the toilet. I'm taking it out on our maiden voyage for a weekend trip at the end of the month, I live in the PNW. I have a couple questions. The stabilizing jacks, is it true you shouldn't use them to level the trailer.  If so what leveler do you all recommend. Also, my Kenmore AC doesn't seem to turn on (it is the one thing I didn't check at the dealer :(, does anyone have any ideas? I have a lot to learn, this is my first camper but I'm excited. Backing up is my biggest concern, the site that I rented at the end of the month is a pull through :). Any and all advice and recommendations would be greatly appreciated.  I have made my brain spin on the winterizing with all the different recommendations online. Thanks everyone. Happy camping and thanks for letting me join the group.

Comments

• Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    mtnlvr said:
    If so what leveler do you all recommend.

Popping some corn...

You might as well ask which is better? Mac or PC? Canon or Nikon? Android or iOS? Methodists or Baptists?
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Congrats on yor new T@B

True, you level and then stabelize with the jacks.
    There are three types of leveling systems - blocks, BAL, Anderson...Search for those. As Photomom mentioned, which becomes a religion and it's been discussed to death :-)
    Kenmore - Have you checked your circuit breakers and the ground fault on the 110 outlet?
  • Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,357
    See "Fuses for Newbies" for the A/C fuse and reset button locations. You're Correct the stabilizers should not be used to level the Tab. Forum members seem to like the BAL, Anderson or block levelers. Congratulations on you're new Tab!
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    edited October 2016
    Definetly review OutbackAZs fuse post - Worth it's weight in gold.
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Congrats, and welcome aboard! You'll get LOTS of good info here, and good help. Also a good chuckle once in a while!
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    mtnlvrmtnlvr Member Posts: 3
    I will definitely check out the 3 options you mentioned PXLated and Outback AZ for the levelers, I didn't even know where to start. I will check out the fuse posts as well. Ericnliz, thanks for the warm welcome. So much to learn but happy there are nice people like yourselves that are willing to point us newbies in the right direction.Thanks again! Much appreciated.