Options

"Volume" of Air Compressors

Can anyone tell me the minimum "volume" necessary, equated to gallons, for an air compressor being effective to blow out the water lines in the T@B?  Harbor Freight has a 3 gal. oil less "pancake" compressor on sale and also an 8 gal. -- same type -- but more $$. 

Thanks!

:-S
Beth, 2015 Toyota Tacoma (Ramblin' Rose), 2014 T@B S M@xx (ClemenT@B)

Comments

• Options
    Bob_EBob_E Member Posts: 4

The volume of the compressor tank has little to do with blowing out the water lines. As long as the compressor is plugged in and the pressure is set to a psi setting it will run to keep up with the selected psi. I do mine at 35 psi (pounds per square inch)
  • Options
    WanderooWanderoo Member Posts: 553

Do you use a portable air compressor (12V) or a 110V model?  I don't know whether my little Slime portable air compressor I use for my tires is good enough to blow out the water lines.  It doesn't have the functionality to set the psi, but it does have a gauge.  Last weekend I took a shot at it, but the compressor only got up to 10 psi.  I had the T-stem drain valves in the T@B in the open position and the water faucets open. I could hear sounds as though there was air being run through the lines, but no water came out of the faucets.  I have not run any water through the lines since the first of August, and the water that drained out under the T@B from the Alde lines was probably no more than 1/2 gal.

I just wonder whether it was doing its job or not.  Maybe I should have shut the T-stem valves to build up more pressure and still left the sink faucets open.  I don't want to buy another compressor if I'm just doing it incorrectly.

Thanks, Bob.

:-?
  • Options
    RZRBUGRZRBUG Member Posts: 890
    edited September 2014
    I winterize mine with RV (pink) antifreeze, then thoroughly flush it with fresh water when ready to use it again.  I have never tried to completely flush the lines.

Larry & Booger - 2013 T@B, 2012 GMC Sierra

Happy Trails Y'all

States Visited Map

• Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    edited January 2022
    I use the three gallon one from Harbor Frieght, works well and does the job.  You can adjust the pressure on it, I usually clear the lines at about 25psi.  Check out this thread: http://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/3737

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    WanderooWanderoo Member Posts: 553
    Thanks, Nathan!!!!  The 3-gal. one is on sale at our Harbor Freight (with coupon) for $39.99.  I'll give it a try.  ^:)^