Options

A new Spokane owner :-)

2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 911
Hello T@B family!  We just purchased a 2016 CS-S and are thrilled to be part of the T@B family.  We live in the Spokane area and are excited to meet ericnliz, Dalehelman, C&B, OmaKelley, and other Spokane area T@Bbers.  Although it is late in the season, we are hoping to take it out for a maiden voyage even if it is to Bowl and Pitcher or somewhere close for an overnight.  Unfortunately, we got no training from a dealer as we purchased our baby "used", and we are tent campers who have never towed anything.  This forum has been invaluable to us getting our heads wrapped around some of the details... keep the great tidbits of knowledge coming! 
2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

Comments

• Options
    leroybortleroybort Member Posts: 61
    Welcome to a world of fun!  You'll figure it all out.  We have - sort of :-)  
    Sug@rsh@ck -  2016 Max S Outback, 2016 Nissan Pathfinder.  
  • Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    Welcome! We're from Michigan but hope someday to meet face to face. We had never camped or towed anything either. Took delivery in mid May. Now have 12,000 trouble free miles behind us. Amazing but fun learning curve. Enjoyed every mile and look forward to many more. Relax, have fun, t@bbing all the way. 
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    bgualtieribgualtieri Member Posts: 272
    Yay. Our experience completely
    2015 T@b S Max | 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited | was PHX East Valley, now Dallas!
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    edited October 2016
    2Cougs, Welcome aboard the T@B family train, and Cougar country! Our first voyage was to FT. Spokane, open all year with water & bathrooms [no electrical hook-ups], and all went well. I think the driveway is the place to get used to it though, play with all the buttons, switches, and lights is the best bet. It will even give you a chance to try out the Alde system for heat since it's getting chilly. Liz and her daughter just about cooked themselves out in the driveway in March when we first got our 2016 Max S.
    I guess that brings up a question if you bought used. Did your purchase include anything else, ie: manuals,cover, levelers, tent, awning, sewer hose, fresh water hose, shore power cable, etc? Remember, if you have questions, fire away, this a great place for knowledge and help!
    Bowl & Pitcher would be a good choice for an outing as well,[ just down the hill from us], maybe a mile or so from our home.  I have never personally camped there, but hiked that area a lot. This time of year you should be able to pick & choose a spot to camp.
    You'll get used to towing fairly quickly, only advise I can give is on backing up, make small adjustments, and don't get in a big hurry! Enjoy your first outing, and let us know how it goes! Again, welcome! :)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    I am not embarrassed to say that the day the trailer was dropped off 2 weeks ago by the previous owners (we didn't even have a hitch) we hosted a happy hour to celebrate with them and when they left ate dinner inside the T@B!  Each evening we sit out there and read a little more about it, explore different features, and then come in and open this forum and look for more tidbits.

The Alde is the system we are most worried about using wrong.  But our understanding is that if there is water in the system we should be OK to try it out without damaging it.  Our other worry is winterizing it... We have the advantage of storing it in our insulated (but not heated) garage.  I think we will just open the valves, drain the water, tip it back and forth to make sure the water is out, put some antifreeze in the drains, and hope for the best.

This T@B was just purchased at R n' R here in Spokane by the first owner in April of this year, made a trip to the Oregon Coast, and now is ours.  We have the huge notebook of manuals that R n' R gave them, an eyebrow awning for over the door, an awning that goes over the clamshell, the sewer and fresh water hoses, the shore power cable, a power tongue jack, and an upgraded battery... and some fun crimson and gray kitchen accessories I splurged on.  We are researching levelers and bike transport options.  Not sure we need covers.

A driveway overnight will happen soon, then either Bowl and Pitcher or possibly Alderwood (5 minutes from home).  Will keep you posted.

• Options
    2Cougs, Might want to fire up the Alde, and give it whirl in the driveway! Gonna get cold here pretty quick! Have fun & let us know how the trip goes!
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    2 other items we bought before the maiden voyage were a surge protector and water pressure regulator.
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,497
    Congrats 2Cougs! We just ordered our Max-S from RnR Liberty Lake Saturday, and are very impressed with their set up vs the north location. For us it will be worth it to go to the L.L. store for service. We should have ours in February, plenty of time to driveway camp before the season starts! I had to laugh about you being hitchless. The more we check the more we think we need to upgrade to a 6cyl. TV before we get the T@B. We don't have a hitch, either.
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Congrats and happy camping!!!!
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    2Cougs welcome. We are currently attending a T@B rally at Point Reyes Calif. and will be back in Spokane Wed or Thur. Looking forward visiting with you in the future. We love to talk T@B.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    Dalehelman, have fun, and let us know how it was! We'll try to get together again after you & Sandi get back. Be careful going down there, travel safe.
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    edited October 2016
    Homebodyatheart- sounds like come spring we need to invite ericnliz and dalehelman to mentor us on a campout!  Glad to hear of another newbie in the area!

• Options
    2Cougs, YES! I'm in. Dale was gathering emails of those in Eastern Washington who might be interested in camping together. I think there's also someone in Kennewick interested, too. Oh, and we've now got a TV, hitch to go on next week. :-)
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    Got our hitch on... Hitched it up and pulled it around the neighborhood for 15 minutes or so.  Even backed it into the garage.  Consider it a success. Homebodyatheart I think we are only a few weeks apart on this learning curve!  Can't wait to meet you!

• Options
    VikingsVikings Member Posts: 147
    We are also Spokanites!  You will enjoy it.  We got ours in Mesa Arizona last January 5...trip home was easy because it tows so well...even in a little Nevada slushy snow.  4th night of camping on trip home was in Great Basin National Park...at 10' F we learned how well the Alde works... though also had lots of condensation.  Be sure to get the brakes working with either dedicated controller in your TV or a Prodigy wireless...
    Kim & Mary Kay,  2016 CS-S,  Spokane, WA

Map of Provinces I Visited

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @Vikings, if you leave one window open about 1/4" and open the roof vent at least 1/4", this creates a natural air flow that allows your exhausted air to escape, and you will have no condensation. I've been doing this since my first teardrop and it works amazingly well. I've camped in 20* temps on up with no condensation. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    @Vikings - Yay Spokane T@bbers!  This is getting exciting.  What kind of vehicle are you towing with?  Still trying to figure out this brake controller thing.  Volvo is no help at all.

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Ditto on V's solution! Never had it "rain" inside no matter the temps outside!
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    2Cougs, RNR RV Liberty Lake is who I would go through for the brake controller install. A little spendy, but at least you'll know it's put in right. Would also be a good place to get info on different models as well.
    Vikings, Ditto to Verna as well. My dear wife, and her daughter spent the night in the driveway the first night the T@B was home, and turned on the Alde for heat as well. It was March, and still in the upper 30's, lower 40's, and it looked like it rained inside the trailer from condensation. They were brought towels for drying out the poor WolfT@B! Venting is now not an option, but a must! ;)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    A shameless plug for me...I do have a barely used brake controller for sale in the Camping equipment For Sale category on the right side of this page ;)
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Keep the magic rollin' Verna! Always Kudos to you for helpin' out the new folks. Great idea, and appears to be an awesome controller, and simple to install to boot!
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    JeanneJeanne Member Posts: 65
    Nice to have new T@B owners in Spokane. Welcome. Remember us down here in Richland. Would be fun to have a camping get together. After a two week trip we are winterized but will be ready to go in the Spring. 
    2014 T@B S Max, TV 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Summit, Richland, WA
  • Options
    Lesley_and_IanLesley_and_Ian Member Posts: 66
    Like you, we are new to T@B ownership and are learning as fast as we can.  We purchased second hand and also got a ton of brochures!  When we started the furnace for the first time I thought it would blow up, but all is well!
    We are in Wisconsin so winterization is our big issue right now.  Next spring we will be really working on towing, backing up and leveling as we take our first trip to Michigan and Eastern Lake Superior.
  • Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    If you live around the eastern Washington area and would like to get together and talk T@B. Please email me a little about your self so I can add you to the list.
    dalehelman@yahoo.com 
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    JerryandVickiJerryandVicki Member Posts: 17
    Today we take possession of our new T@B in the Spokane area.  We are really looking forward to meeting everyone.  We purchased our 2017 CS-S Max from Liberty Lake RnR.  Thanks, Randy Krueger for your enduring patience with us.  

Congratulations to all of us! 
    Jerry, Vicki and Lol@
    2017 CS-S Open Tab 
    TV 2015 Subaru Outback 6 cyl., The Starship
    Liberty Lake, WA
  • Options
    JerryandVicki, Welcome, and join the group! We purchased our 2016 S MAX from Liberty Lake RNR RV as well. dalehelman@yahoo.com is the place to get together with local folks. Dale & Sandi are great folks. Next Saturday he has posted a breakfast greet & meet. Go to his email & I'm sure he will not only give you details, but keep you updated on local stuff as well. Again, welcome aboard & happy camping! ;)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
         Just when we thought we were the "newbies" we find there is an ever growing "freshman class".  And so many here in Spokane!  I am writing this inside ours after a wonderful night's sleep after our inaugural journey... pulled it out of the garage and overnighted in the driveway!  (Good advice ericnliz) Fired up the Alde and we were warm and toasty.  Tried out all the features... Heat, hot water, the fridge (got the wine nice and cold), the electric outlets (made dinner in the crock pot), the DVD     (watched a movie last night after the World Series), and am getting ready to try out the stove and cook bacon and eggs.  Only thing we didn't use was the toilet... Are winterizing today so don't want to have to dump black water.
         Can't wait to meet some of you next week at Dale's meet and greet!

• Options
    2Cougs, [Great name by the way, my nephew is a COUG right now!] Glad your driveway camping trip went well. Makes for great gas mileage too! Any time you have the Alde going, make sure to open either the vent, or a window a little, or it WILL build up condensation inside. [I'll let you ask Liz about that one!] What, no shower? What method are you going to use for winterizing? Let me know, and if you need help, please ask! Looking forward to meeting you next week as well. By the way, you're now in the Sophomore Class! =) Might want to consider joining T@B University!
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    2Cougs, I saw advice somewhere to put fresh water in your black tank via the toilet, then practice dumping it out in the yard somewhere. That way you learn how to use it before it's used for it's intended purpose. We might have to wait till after winter to do that one we get our MaxS, but it made sense to me! I'm still chicken, but we will learn!

Also congrats on your cozy first night campout! It sounded really nice.