Options

Now That I've Taken Delivery Questions

Fatman1966Fatman1966 Member Posts: 145
While camping and playing a few items have came up on my question list.
1. Does the TV play sound through the back speakers while on antenna? If so I can't find the magic button. I realize it does on DVD. 
2. I can run the heat through the Alde without any water in the freshwater tank? I just need to make sure it's on heat only correct? 

Comments

• Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    Yes to #2, and yes to #1 but i don't remember the settings for the tv, sorry...
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    There isn't a heat only setting for the Alde if you have the analog thermostat is there?
  • Options
    tabasco_jimtabasco_jim Member Posts: 54
    I know the TV works on antenna through the speakers because I have tried this. Try the Aux setting on the Jensen radio
    2017 T@B Max S, 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, Birmingham, Al
  • Options
    dmerzbacdmerzbac Member Posts: 289
    Jenn Grover did a short video to show how to run sound through the back speakers. Here is the link:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcKemHqMwQc

2017 T@b 320 - 'Smokey'  2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport - 'B@ndit'
    Dave - Tuscaloosa, Al

• Options
    edited October 2016
    PXL's right. There is no 'heat only' setting on the Alde. The choices are 'Off', 'Heat and Hot Water', and 'Hot Water only'. My apologies for another half-asleep answer!

The setting on the Alde controller needs to be set for 'heat and hot water', even if you've winterized your water system and have nothing in the fresh water system. (How's that for confusing? :D) IOW, heating up the hot water tank when it's empty of fresh water will cause no problems.

Also, if you use antifreeze to winterize (rather than the 'blow out' method), and you expect to operate the Alde while winterized, be sure the Alde has no antifreeze in the hot water tank. This requires correct setting of the bypass valves when draining and adding antifreeze to the fresh water system.
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    ChanW, I can relate to the half-asleep reply, MORE COFFE!
     I think Fatman1966, you have the digital control, correct? If so, the top button on the control is for the heat on your unit. The next set down is for hot water. Like ChanW said though, if you're winterized with antifreeze, check the bypass valve positions, the chart is in the winterizing section on the right. By the way, how did your trip go? Good luck, and you'll figure it all out. Sometimes you just have to take the time to sit and play around with the settings not only to familiarize yourself, but figure out what works best for you, everybody is different
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    That's folks.  It's all coming to me know. I'm not winterized being in Tennessee at this point but I worry about the bypass valve stuff went I do. The dealer completed a nice walk through but it's all hard to remeber. 

I still have no TV sound on antenna but I will keep trying
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    When in doubt, read the manual.....   =)
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    When in doubt, read the manual.....   =)
    I did
  • Options
    Fatman1966, the bypass valves are intended to isolate the Alde out of the plumbing 'circuit', so that when you put the antifreeze into the pipes, it stays out of the Alde. 
    These valves are only needed if you use antifreeze to winterize, as opposed to the 'blow out' method, where you'd fill the lines and Alde with air only.
    Many prefer the blow out method, because it's less messy.
    There are many threads here concerning winterizing your plumbing by either method, if you do a search, and it should give you a pretty good start on what the procedure is. Try searching for 'bypass'.
    And don't worry about asking for clarification if you still find it difficult.
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    Fatman1966. Do you have an antenna hooked up? Make sure that the TV volume is turned up almost all the way on the TV. Tune to a channel and put the Jensen on Aux. Speaker A needs to be on the Jensen. The volume control on the Jensen should control the volume. This is how mine works and I just went out and confirmed this.
  • Options
    Fatman1966. Do you have an antenna hooked up? Make sure that the TV volume is turned up almost all the way on the TV. Tune to a channel and put the Jensen on Aux. Speaker A needs to be on the Jensen. The volume control on the Jensen should control the volume. This is how mine works and I just went out and confirmed this.
    Yes it's hooked up to antenna. I have not taken the Radio out out as of the writing of this  message but I guess I will as something is not correct. I have followed the basic directions and I still have nothing. I have radio sound but no TV through the back speakers. I've tried aux 1/2 ect. All the tv connections appear to be correct so it may be at the back of the head unit. I have tv sound if I use the tv internal speakers 
  • Options
    Ok. We are making some progress. It could be connections on the back of the TV. Tomorrow I will take some pictures for you so you can check that. In the walk through did it work? They had mine hooked so I could see it working. If it's not on the back of the TV then I guess you will have to remove the radio. Also I have no sound on my TV speakers at all so it could also be a setting in the TV menu. We will figure this out.
  • Options
    We didn't actually go through the Entertainment system in the walk through. I appreciate the assistance. I'm sure it's something simple as the parts all seem to work just not together as one. 
  • Options
    Okay. Here are some things to check. The hookup on the side of the TV, and 2 TV menu items. I hope you can get it working. My TV speakers were turned off. Under the setup menu the audio is set to variable
  • Options
    Okay. Here are some things to check. The hookup on the side of the TV, and 2 TV menu items. I hope you can get it working. My TV speakers were turned off. Under the setup menu the audio is set to variable
    Tabasco Jim you are the man! The last picture of the cords completed the investigation. They had those two cords in the incorrect holes! We nave sound now,,,,,,,,,,
  • Options
    Awesome!
  • Options
    IrishCamper74IrishCamper74 Member Posts: 237
    edited April 2017

For 2017 models, after following all of these steps, put your Jensen audio panel on HDMI ARC mode. With the preferred speakers on, you should receive audio through all. :)
    Light a campfire and everyone's a storyteller. ~John Geddes

2017 t@b CS, silver with green trim.
    TV: 2017 Honda Ridgeline.