Options

Norcold

Help. Anyone have problems with their refrigerator not shutting off while plugged into shore power. Could it be because it is not perfectly level? It only shuts off if I pull the fuse. I am leaving tomorrow for a 3000 mile trip and am a little worried.

Comments

• Options
    WanderooWanderoo Member Posts: 553
    Do you have the 2-way or 3-way?  I have heard of issues with the 2-way not shutting off, but it's not because of the leveling.  That would only be affected if you are using propane.  Others have turned the temp control WAY down at night or turned the dial to OFF.  Don't know what model you have.  I have the 3-way and don't have any problems with it turning off by using either of the two methods above. :-S
    Beth, 2015 Toyota Tacoma (Ramblin' Rose), 2014 T@B S M@xx (ClemenT@B)
  • Options
    Kates_MobyKates_Moby Member Posts: 38
    I have the 3 way. I have even turned it to off and it will not stop. I have to pull the fuse. Makes no sense. Also, my overhead fan would not turn off yesterday. I turned switch to off and it kept running. I then pulled the fuse and it quit. Mthen the on off switch worked great. This has never happened before.
  • Options
    Totally weird -- T@B on steroids!!!  :-O
  • Options
    The only thing I can think of is to . . . REBOOT!  Who knows why stuff goes haywire?  Check the fuses, etc.  Maybe it will act differently when reconnected to a new power source.  Seems to work for computers.  :-/
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    edited September 2014
    I sent a note on to the factory regarding this and they recommended that you call Norcold as they have not encountered this specific issue.  

Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ