wizard1880wizard1880 Member Posts: 442
    Cool, sounds good.
    T@@bulous
    2014 T@B CS Maxx
    TV: 2015 Audi Q7 3.0 V6 TDI (diesel)
    Martha Lake, WA
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Fixed!  A local RV dealer's service department replaced the water module today. I'll connect city water in the driveway tomorrow to make sure it works, and then re-winterize the T@B. I'm just itching to head southwest in a bit over a month. 

I did find they have to remove the toilet to replace the module, then they replace the wax ring before re-installing the toilet. Home toilets are bit easier than RV ones. 

I'm happy ;)
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    When I read that they had to remove the toilet to do just about anything I was somewhat surprised.
  • Options
    PXLated, look at the rear of the toilet. There is a "module" in the middle of the rear of the toilet below the top of the seat. I was wondering how they would get their hands and tools between the wall and the toilet to replace the module.  Now I know--there's not enough room. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Yep, that's what I read way back when your problem arose. You'd think it could be a slide out remove/install if engineered better. Reminds me of some cars where you dang near have to dismantal them to change a headlight.
  • Options
    The Norcold fridge is the same way - The burn box is way in the back left corner. Have to pull the fridge (requires removing vents and hoses) and turn it on the side to get at it. If everything on the left side was engineered in reverse it be a piece of cake.
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    On ours, yes I had to pull the toilet, but the (surprisingly inexpensive) module 'kit' included the sealing ring, which was not wax, but flexible rubber.
    Much easier to deal with than a wax ring on a home toilet.
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    Thanks, @ChanW. I didn't want to go back outside to get the receipt to see what parts they charged me for.  A rubber sealing ring sounds a lot easier to install than a wax ring. (The only toilet I ever set took me 3 wax rings.....another reason I don't do plumbing!) 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    And another plug (so to speak)... I was pleasantly surprised at how easy the job was, in the end!  B)
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    pakpak Member Posts: 115
    I am wondering if the blade seal in my Thetford Aqua V can be replaced without removing the toilet. Mine is not holding water. The manual is not clear. Thank you for any information.
  • Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    Get some sort of plastic stick. Then take the last 1/2” and bend it to 90*. Use that tool to clean the grove that the gate fits in. Debris collects in it and keeps it from completely sealing. This will likely solve your problem.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    If cleaning the seal doesn’t work. Removing the toilet is quite simple. Remove the 2 nuts on the base. Disconnect the water line at the wall. Then lift toilet and remove. It is very light. The rubber seal if not damaged can be reused.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    pakpak Member Posts: 115
    Thank you! I will try your suggestions.