Options

Distance between end of trailer hitch and body of a t@b?

iariversiarivers Member Posts: 11
What is the distance between the end of the hitch and the camper body on a Outback U Max model?   Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    About three feet.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    From the tip of the hitch to where the frame meets the body is roughly 55" but the front is curved so that point is tucked back under. What exactly are you trying to determine? Tip of tongue to the furthest forward curve of the body? There's also the propane/battery tube in front of the body.
  • Options
    iariversiarivers Member Posts: 11
    I am actually trying to figure out the space I will have to work with when mounting sea kayaks on the roof of my Xterra; the sterns may hang over the back a bit & I want to make sure I will have room so not to worry too much about turning 'pinch'.  Since the kayaks would be on top of the Xterra I should be towards the 'curve' top portion of the t@b.  Thanks for the input!   
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    What height do they sit - if we knew that we could measure.
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    I have a 16" hitch from the center of the ball to the pin in the receiver (through eTrailer - only extra long hitch I could find). This gives me enough clearance for my tailgate on my mid-sized truck to clear the jack and even use the jack if I need to. This drops my tow capacity by 1000 lbs. That said, a 2" ball only goes to 6000 lbs, then you go up to a larger sized ball. My truck tows 7000 lbs. Of course, a person should never tow at max rating YMMV.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    RollingBnBRollingBnB Member Posts: 322
    edited November 2016
    What is it from the front of the cover to the tip of the hitch? I have a shelf in the garage the hitch will go under.
    2020 Tiffin Open Road
    2020 Nissan Versa Toad 
    Alan & Patty
    Southern Az