Sewer hose storage on T@B Outback

2»

Comments

• Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,350
    What a great location, albeit more work is required to configure.  Does this location impede the venting of any propane fumes that may accumulate at the bottom of the tub? 
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • plicatoplicato Member Posts: 12
    This worked for me.
    Hi Dale,
    What is the brand of your sewer hose storage unit? When you mentioned that is it is affixed to the T@B with 4 bolts and fender washers, did that involve drilling? Can you please elaborate on how it’s attached?

Thanks so much! I really like your custom upgrades!
    Paul
    2018 T@B 320 S, 2014 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited
  • DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,409
    edited August 2018
    @plicato
    The tube is drain pipe from Home Depot. Bolted through the rear pan. Four 1/4” bolts with fender washers. Inside the tub is a 6’ x1” piece of aluminum for extra support. Also from HD .

1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • SueBCSueBC Member Posts: 70
    edited August 2018
    SkiCO said:
    Just mounted my hose storage on our new Outback.  I like this because it was really easy and did not require any permanent modification.  
    I like your idea - I too am in the same situation with my Boondock. - So you just used the straps (2) to tie onto the rack? - and as you posted in 2017 - how is it holding up? did it slip at all (with only two straps)? Also guessing this is a 64 inch tube? - although on second look it looks shorter than a 64 inch tube.
    SueBC
    British Columbia, Canada
    edited August 2018

Ah - been looking online and Valterra has an adjustable hose 34/60. I think I might go with that one as the 64 inch may be too long to hold with the straps in the centre area of the Yakima. I do like this set up for the Boondock and think its a great alternative to the front tongue. Also the 15 ft Rhinoflex looks like it will fit, as someone says it collapses to 56 inches. Thanks for sharing the photo's - shows newbie me how its set up.
    SueBC
    British Columbia, Canada
    edited August 2018
    So - I decided to go white, and have three straps. If one strap fails, the other two would be able to keep it on. Also - as I purchased the adjustable carrier, but want it kept at 60 inches, I glued it at the joint to stop any movement. No holes drilled in the T@B - I'm against doing that.

SueBC
    British Columbia, Canada
  • jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    Looks good!
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,461
    @SueB, white was a good choice.  Camouflaged against the white TaB.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio