Options

T@B Shopping?

PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
By that I mean buying things FOR your T@B.

Who bought, or plans to buy, something nice for your T@B this shopping season? We just ordered a front wall for our awning from the Teardrop Shop with their Black Friday coupon. :-) And a smart charger for the T@B battery currently sitting in our garage. 
John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York

Comments

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Just bought new round handles for the sink - Got tired of bumping the angled versions and running water on the counter. But that has nothing to do with holiday shopping.
  • Options
    RollingBnBRollingBnB Member Posts: 322
    Thanks for the blackfriday heads up, ordered a visor xl.
    2020 Tiffin Open Road
    2020 Nissan Versa Toad 
    Alan & Patty
    Southern Az
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,498
    I found some nice red plastic plates and bowls at Target, along with clear plastic cups. I left them there for now as I told myself I have camping gear that works just fine, and besides I don't have the T@B yet. You know I will cave in eventually...
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    ontheroadontheroad Member Posts: 485
    we bought a wireless temperature station, always nice to know whether a sweater is needed before heading outside, also has time on it...and runs on AA batteries
    Former 2017 T@G Max XL
    2021 T@B Boondock CS-S
    2018 Nissan Pathfinder
    Ontario, Canada
  • Options
    Fatman1966Fatman1966 Member Posts: 145
    edited November 2016
    I picked up a cover and XL Visor from  the shop at 10% off
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    A 10% off footprint for the T@B tent so I can use it in AZ.

A double-dimmer switch for the porch light and interior light inside the entry way (not installed yet--I'll report later).  

A new red 32* sleeping bag that compresses into a compression bag like it's supposed to!  It takes up 1/3rd the storage space the 0* sleeping takes. 

And two new open-box headlamps for the price of one headlamp (I love headlamps when camping!)
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Verna said:
    A 10% off footprint for the T@B tent so I can use it in AZ.

A double-dimmer switch for the porch light and interior light inside the entry way (not installed yet--I'll report later).  

A new red 32* sleeping bag that compresses into a compression bag like it's supposed to!  It takes up 1/3rd the storage space the 0* sleeping takes. 

And two new open-box headlamps for the price of one headlamp (I love headlamps when camping!)
    Nice haul. Looking forward to info on the dimmer.
  • Options
    We also got a new Garmin today. Not specifically for the T@B because I use it around town (directionally challenged.) BUT the one we got will work with a wireless backup camera and adding that may be our next major T@B mod.
  • Options
    where2roamwhere2roam Member Posts: 1
    Hello photomom, I'm a newbie to the forum and new owner of a t@b :) Ive been shopping around on the teardrop shop. I really like the t@b awning and thinking it may just be my first t@b purchase. Do you use your awning much? Any thoughts or opinions on it? 
  • Options
    We have used it every time we've camped. Although we have the S model with the kitchen inside, we cook outdoors. The awning gives us room for cooking, eating, relaxing, etc, especially if it's rainy. Would not camp without it.
  • Options
    T@BalongT@Balong Member Posts: 317
    Ditto on the awning regarding its benefits.   A bonus is that one person can attach it once you are used to how to do it.
    2015 T@B 320 S, 2019 Jeep Cherokee
    States Visited Map
  • Options
    T@Balong said:
    Ditto on the awning regarding its benefits.   A bonus is that one person can attach it once you are used to how to do it.
    Yep, very quick. Well under 10 minutes for one person, same if someone "helps."
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,452
    +1 for the awning. It's stupid expensive, but provides very effective coverage with very little fuss.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    dmerzbacdmerzbac Member Posts: 289
    With my T@b arriving in a few weeks, I've got deliveries coming 2-3 times a week. So much to buy. Luckily most everything is a one time buy. I wasn't intending to get the Pahaque tent right away, but got a fantastic price from Pahaque Outlet.

2017 T@b 320 - 'Smokey'  2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport - 'B@ndit'
    Dave - Tuscaloosa, Al

• Options
    reeddreedd Member Posts: 61
    dmerzbac said:
    With my T@b arriving in a few weeks, I've got deliveries coming 2-3 times a week. So much to buy. Luckily most everything is a one time buy. I wasn't intending to get the Pahaque tent right away, but got a fantastic price from Pahaque Outlet.
    LOL!!  I am right there with you and Amazon is benefiting greatly from my T@B purchase!  I picked up my U model camper a week ago Saturday and spent several days over Thanksgiving putting in shelf paper, buying containers, arranging things, and unpacking all the things I had gotten from Amazon over the last several weeks!  Pretty sad when you get excited over the delivery of a porta potty :)  I just ordered an awning today, based on comments about this on the forum.  I had a hard time deciding between the awning, the tent, and the visor.  It is so much fun to play in this little T@B and it is just stinkin' cute, not to mention very well designed.

I need to get a rug but didn't find one on Amazon that I really liked....more surfing for this.  Great fun to read about what others have bought and the modifications that they have made and I appreciate all of the posts and advice!
    Deb - 2017 T@B U-basic Outback silver/silver  D@mselfly  
    2001 Toyota Tacoma 4WD New Mexico
  • Options
    webcrawlerwebcrawler Member Posts: 133
    Order the side cargo nets and 11 gal portable tank and a few fittings....

Kennesaw, Georgia

2016 Silver/Black T@B M@x S with Scuba Black interior.  2015 Lincoln MKC AWD 2.0L Ecoboost tow vehicle. Tekonsha Prodigy wireless Brake Controller.
  • Options
    dmerzbacdmerzbac Member Posts: 289
    reedd said:
    dmerzbac said:
    LOL!!  I am right there with you and Amazon is benefiting greatly from my T@B purchase!  I picked up my U model camper a week ago Saturday and spent several days over Thanksgiving putting in shelf paper, buying containers, arranging things, and unpacking all the things I had gotten from Amazon over the last several weeks!  Pretty sad when you get excited over the delivery of a porta potty :)  I just ordered an awning today, based on comments about this on the forum.  I had a hard time deciding between the awning, the tent, and the visor.  It is so much fun to play in this little T@B and it is just stinkin' cute, not to mention very well designed.

I need to get a rug but didn't find one on Amazon that I really liked....more surfing for this.  Great fun to read about what others have bought and the modifications that they have made and I appreciate all of the posts and advice!

I understand completely! There are lots of finishing touches to order, but I'll probably wait until the camper comes in, then begin deciding on mods. I also like the cargo nets. Will be one of my first purchases along with storage, hooks, etc. etc.!  Dave

2017 T@b 320 - 'Smokey'  2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport - 'B@ndit'
    Dave - Tuscaloosa, Al