Options

Insurance Again On T@B

FrontierFrontier Member Posts: 11
edited April 2022 in Trailer & Towing
We thought we'd be picking up our T@B since it's been 90 days,-it's finished at Little Guy but hasn't been shipped yet so today I was checking around for insurance.  Since we have AAA on the car and house we checked with them first-"We do not insure two wheel trailers."  So I went to Progressive and it's around $404.00 for 12 months!  Am I too naive?  Are they nicking me because I'm 70 years old?  I had a T@B a few years ago and it was if I remember correctly around $130.00 per year.  Of course we do live in a tornado, hail an high wind area but is Progressive a bit out of line?

Comments

• Options
    deputydogdeputydog Member Posts: 103

I paid 220.00  with  Frankenmuth Ins. out of Flint Mi. My vehicle and Homeowners is through them also. I'am  60 yrs. old. Hope your able to get a better rate.

TV is a 2007 Jeep Liberty. Own 2015 T@B Maxx s/wet-bath white green. St. Clair Shores, MI.

• Options
    RZRBUGRZRBUG Member Posts: 890
    I added my T@B insurance to my truck policy.  It is $136.00/six months.  (Cameron Mutual)

Larry & Booger - 2013 T@B, 2012 GMC Sierra

Happy Trails Y'all

States Visited Map

• Options
    WanderooWanderoo Member Posts: 553
    I, too, have Progressive, and I pay $436/yr. The type of coverage and deductibles you choose will make your premium vary by a lot. I have total loss replacement cost coverage for both comprehensive and collision, towing for the T@B, vacation "liability," (if someone trips over my power cord), fire department service, emergency expense, and roadside assistance.  The rate will also vary based upon where you live, and whether it is parked at home or at a storage lot.  There are many, many factors that go into determining "rate."  It's difficult to compare quotes from several companies, apples to apples.    :((
    Beth, 2015 Toyota Tacoma (Ramblin' Rose), 2014 T@B S M@xx (ClemenT@B)
  • Options
    gilbutlergilbutler Member Posts: 169
    My first stop after getting my T@B, was my AAA office.  My rate is $349/year for $500 deductible on collision, $100 deductible o comprehensive, $100,000 Property Damage and $100,000/$300,000 each on Bodily Injury, Medical Payments and Uninsured Motorists.  
    Gil Butler, Folsom, CA, 2015 T@B M@XX CS - White with Yellow tim
  • Options
    Gilbutler, I called AAA as indicated and don't understand their rationale of not insuring a two wheel trailer but they will insure a dual axle trailer. It has nothing to do with the weather at all if they'll insure based on wheels. Maybe I should have told them 3 wheels (counting the spare). I'll probably go with Progressive after I jiggle the coverage. I'm going to keep the T@B in the garage anyway to keep it out of the rain, hail etc. I'll first try to let some air from the tires to gain clearance and if that does't work, I'll go with dollies as another forum member did. Thanks all for the replies, it helped me make up my mind.
  • Options
    XPADREXXPADREX Member Posts: 311
    I have Nationwide. It's under $300, including total loss replacement (if it totals, they buy me a new one) and $5k in replacement cost personal effects (to cover the essentials bought for the tab, all the cookware, clothes, computers, dvds, etc that add up).

I found it reasonable for my 2014 S M@xx
    LOCATION: Fort Raccoon; UNIT: 2014 T@b S M@xxxx; MISSION: To have fun, make a difference, and make some friends along the way. Organ Donor Recipient- forever grateful. 
  • Options
    XPADREXXPADREX Member Posts: 311
    Bear in mind, the company I chose has an RV specific policy... it's the same one as Allied. I called my carrier for my auto, and all they had was basically a car policy. No coverage for personal effects, and no replacement cost option. No thanks.
    LOCATION: Fort Raccoon; UNIT: 2014 T@b S M@xxxx; MISSION: To have fun, make a difference, and make some friends along the way. Organ Donor Recipient- forever grateful. 
  • Options
    PhotoJoePhotoJoe Member Posts: 34
    I have State Farm and I'm paying $225 annually.
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    I had Progressive insurance too when I owned my first Little Guy and found out over time that their rates are also progressive, as in progressively steep!

What I would recommend for people is that you shop around, compare coverage rates and pricing.  I am currently insured with State Farm out in Fenton, Mi. and paid $126 for $13,000 of replacement costs should my new 2014 Silver Shadow and contents be ruined or damaged.   Obviously rates are going to be different and fluctuate across the board and in different states nationally because of state laws & regulations, etc.  So it would behoove you to shop around, get some quotes and make a decision that way as opposed to being snookered by these companies and their "pie in the sky" policies and hidden cost mark-ups that they dream up so that they can have more steaks and chops!  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    SunnyTABSunnyTAB Member Posts: 65
    I added the trailer to our Safeco policy and it's $130/year. That's collision and comprehensive.

Tiff in Seattle

2012 BMW x3/2008 TCS "Sunny"

• Options
    WanderooWanderoo Member Posts: 553
    Thanks for the suggestions.  Mine's coming up for renewal, so I might shop around.  I have Safeco for my auto & H.O. ~X(
    Beth, 2015 Toyota Tacoma (Ramblin' Rose), 2014 T@B S M@xx (ClemenT@B)
  • Options
    T@BalongT@Balong Member Posts: 317
    I went with Good Sam's and it was $182 for a year.
    2015 T@B 320 S, 2019 Jeep Cherokee
    States Visited Map
  • Options
    I had almost settled for Progressive at$243 per year ($1000 ded comp and liability) but after reading all the comments of lower prices, I think I'll continue shopping.
  • Options
    I shopped around and Good Sam has the best rates but doesn't include roadside service unless one wants to pay an extra $77.00.