Options

Extra Spare For Outback

JoeJoe Member Posts: 72
A couple of years ago, before we owned the Outback, we had a Jayco pop-up.  We were traveling down a highway in remote northern New Mexico when we had a blow out.  Tire was ruined.  I put on the spare and at the next town started looking for another tire.  Long story short, we had an odd size tire and it took me all day and several towns before I could find another.  I didn't want to travel without a spare.  My brother-in-law had the same experience (another year) and ended up spending a day going to Albuquerque, which was unplanned.  I decided then that I would always carry two spares.  Giving up an entire hard earned vacation day searching for a tire made me really grumpy.  We like to camp in remote places where things like a spare tire can be hard to find.

So, I called Elsie to order another tire and rim for my 2015 Outback.  She said they don't carry them anymore for the 2015 Outback, but she said I might be able to find the rim at tredit.com and the tire from tirerack.com.  So, I called and sure enough tredit had some of the wheels left in Florida.  Tire Rack had the tire.  I had them both shipped.

Now I have one spare mounted on the back of the Outback and the other mounted on the tongue.

Thanks to Elsie for pointing me in the right direction.  If you need an extra tire and rim for the 2015 Outback, you might order while they last.

2015 Max U Outback; 2011 Chevy Silverado 4X4; Austin, Tx

Comments