Options

12v outlets?

Sorry I know this is a silly question, but I just came back from viewing a 2017 T@B last week and as I was putting my notes and thoughts together I realised - I think I only saw 120v outlets and a few USB ports.

Did they do away with the 12v outlets on the new T@Bs?  If they were still there, where were they?

Sorry - major blonde moment!

2018 T@B Max S silver and black (aka TadT@B), Full-timing since July 2017

Comments

• Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,357
    The only 12V outlet on my TAB is located on the underside of the cabinets above the sink.  It has a small black snap off cover.  Round "cigarette" style opening.
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    None down by the AC outlet on the drivers side bench Frank?
    That'd be weird, it's the one I use all the time.
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    OutbackAZ, Are you sure those aren't USB charging ports side by side? Mine is. My T@B is a 2016 Max S, what model is yours?
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    My over counter outlet is like OutbackAZs - 2 USB and one cigarette style with a cap.
  • Options
    Pxl, Thanks, that's what I thought. My 12v outlet is like yours, down on the driver's side bench.
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options

There is a USB charging port next to the 12V in the same outlet cover.
  • Options
    OutbackAZ, Thanks for the clarification!
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    HR_TalyHR_Taly Member Posts: 119
    Wow, you guys are great!  Because it was capped with a black cap next to the USB ports (like in OutbackAZ's picture) I must have totally blanked on it.  I couldn't imagine a caravan without at least one 12v outlet, but worked myself up that with all the USB ports that they somehow might have eliminated them! Thank you all so much!!

• Options
    "Caravan?"  Did you call it a "caravan?"  You must not be from around these parts!  =)
  • Options
    HR_Taly, Ask and ye shall receive! =)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    TabberJohnTabberJohn Member Posts: 588
    OutbackAZ said:
    The only 12V outlet on my TAB is located on the underside of the cabinets above the sink.  It has a small black snap off cover.  Round "cigarette" style opening.
    Ditto here. Dual USB and one round 12v connector on outlet above the sink. Drivers side outlet is AC only.
    Anyone know what the amps are on the USB ports?

2015 T@B Max S (White/Silver) -> 2014 Ford Escape 2.0L (turbo, AWD, factory tow)
  • Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    Anyone know what the amps are on the USB ports?

Don't know the number, but the USB outlets will charge my iPad and iPhone 6.
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    OutbackAZ said:
    "Caravan?"  Did you call it a "caravan?"  You must not be from around these parts!  =)
    Hehehe, I thought the same thing.  Do Canadians use the term caravan for them?

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Cyclonic said:
    OutbackAZ said:
    Hehehe, I thought the same thing.  Do Canadians use the term caravan for them?
    Don't know about the Canadians,  but those in Ireland do. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    ontheroadontheroad Member Posts: 485
    or England...
    Former 2017 T@G Max XL
    2021 T@B Boondock CS-S
    2018 Nissan Pathfinder
    Ontario, Canada
  • Options
    Isn't it a caravan if there are more than one? ;)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    HR_TalyHR_Taly Member Posts: 119
    Verna takes the prize!  And nope, caravan would be singular here... unless you mean convoy?  (and yes, I know I'm referring to US T@bs, I'm moving to the US for at least one year in April. The 320s and 400s are available here... well, I say "here" that mostly means in the UK as caravanning would definitely not be a thing people do in Ireland for obvious reasons!).

• Options
    HR_Taly, Verna has a magic wand, so that was kind of a given! I was just kidding about the caravan comment, but convoy was a good come back!
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Yes, I used my "special wand", @HR_Taly. I needed to make sure the questions you were asking in the last week pertained to the US version and that you were getting and giving the correct information. I always try to make sure correct info is given to everyone, at least on the subjects I'm familiar with. When you start talking about yucky greasing of the bearings, I tend to zone that subject out ;).  (Your first hint was the fact you would be moving here for work.)
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”