Options

New T@B upgrades

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    OutbackAZ said:
    Alan and Patty - Please say you'll be bringing White Castle hamburgers to the T@bazona potluck!

@OutbackAZ......I could be bribed......but that would mean I couldn't use my ARB for the first few weeks in AZ until Tabazona ;)
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    RollingBnBRollingBnB Member Posts: 322
    If only we could
    2020 Tiffin Open Road
    2020 Nissan Versa Toad 
    Alan & Patty
    Southern Az
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    OutbackAZ - You can find White Castel gut bombs in the frozen food dept. of a lot of grocery stores and some Walmarts.
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    OutbackAZ, Good catch, where does the line form? =)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    TabberJohnTabberJohn Member Posts: 588
    edited December 2016
    Can a CRV tow 2k lbs?
    Yes, with the right tow package the capacity increases to 3500 lbs.
    Example: https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Hitch/Honda/CR-V/2008/13555.html?vehicleid=2008201543
    Also note struts, coil springs, and cooler changes that dsatwork made.
    2015 T@B Max S (White/Silver) -> 2014 Ford Escape 2.0L (turbo, AWD, factory tow)
  • Options
    I'll make you guys jealous.... I live a mile from a White Castle, and there are 3 others within 5 miles of my house ;)
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    DurangoTaBDurangoTaB Member Posts: 754
    @RollingBnB...1500 lb cap'y on the CRV (we have one besides our Tacoma).  Unless you live, and travel, in flat country, and only go down hill and down wind...I wouldn't advise towing the T@B with it.

J.D. & Sue

Durango, CO    2014/15 S M@xx :  "Dory's HabiT@B"  Keep on swimming...

• Options
    Verna, so....you're bringing the burgers, right? =)
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    When I'm close, I never pass up a White Castle :-)
  • Options
    If I could figure out how to bring the REAL ones there, I would.  =)
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,503
    I've never had a White Castle burger, but I've seen them in the frozen section at the grocery store. From the looks of them, they'd have to be pretty amazing to beat out a backyard grilled burger, sesame seed bun, tomato, lettuce, onion, cheese, ketchup, mustard.... I may have to ask DH to grill in the snow now. Sigh...
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    @RollingBnB...1500 lb cap'y on the CRV (we have one besides our Tacoma).  Unless you live, and travel, in flat country, and only go down hill and down wind...I wouldn't advise towing the T@B with it.

I don't have a CRV, I was asking someone else who does have one how well it can tow. I had one before and didn't think it could tow much.
    2020 Tiffin Open Road
    2020 Nissan Versa Toad 
    Alan & Patty
    Southern Az
  • Options
    Homebodyatheart - White Castles are unlike any other burger - They're actually like a little slice of meatloaf. Have tried the frozen ones but they just aren't like getting them fresh.
  • Options
    I've never had a White Castle burger, but I've seen them in the frozen section at the grocery store. From the looks of them, they'd have to be pretty amazing to beat out a backyard grilled burger, sesame seed bun, tomato, lettuce, onion, cheese, ketchup, mustard.... I may have to ask DH to grill in the snow now. Sigh...
    It's an acquired taste. One that I remember as my first "fast food" meal in my single digit years of age!  

Per Wikipedia (and Siri): White Castle was founded in 1921 in Witchita, Kansas, although there were 3 restaurants already using the recipe in Witchita since 1916 (without using the White Castle brand name). The first three restaurants then began using the White Castle name. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    I remember, growing up in NY, I would buy them by the dozen after the bar scene ended. Loved them with grilled onions.
    2020 Tiffin Open Road
    2020 Nissan Versa Toad 
    Alan & Patty
    Southern Az
  • Options
    Yep - By the dozen... Back in my muscian days it was one of the all night places we frequented. Couldn't eat a dozen now though. With a little strugle I could probably do six.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Verna, You do have an ARB to put them in don't you? Homebodyatheart, You'll have to stop by, and try a "Dad" burger as my kids so affectionately call them. My youngest one's first experience with one after I put it in front of him was "Do you REALLY think I can eat the whole thing?" Answer, "Be careful what you ask for. You did ask for a huge burger, right?" =)
    Never had a White Castle burger, but remember going to Dick's [still there], and getting a bag of burgers for a buck, then down to Riverside to "cruise" all night. Wow, that's scary to think about! You could fill up your car, eat, and have fun all night for $5.00 to $10.00! My brother that lives over on the coast still makes Dick's his first stop when he comes to town.
    Oh, and Zip's Burgers, how could I forget Zip's! :o
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    @ericnliz, sure I have an ARB, but I need room for my day to day food!  I have taken a 30 pack Crave Kit to Paducah, KY in a cooler, but that wasn't camping and I had room. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Hmmm. Been a while since I've seen a thread THIS hijacked! Sure is fun though! [Note to self......duck, here comes the magic wand!] :o:D
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    edited December 2016
    But, but, Verna, You could have White Castles' All the way to Tabazona! :)
    I gotta stop this talkin' about burgers! Next thing 'ya know, I'll be uncovering the Bar-B-Que and dragging it through the snow! :s=)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,503
    edited December 2016
    Ericnliz, ours is under the covered patio, so no issues there. The trick is to get the hot grilled food back to the house before it freezes...

Because I have to ask...what's an ARB?
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    Homebodyatheart, Not even an issue with that, roll it up next to the sun room door, and.....oh, stop it! ;)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    dsatworkdsatwork Member Posts: 744
    RollingBnB,
    Others have towed a T@b with a CR-V and they didn't have my custom tow package features which make big difference. I've had my LG 5W weighed a scale at over 1600 lbs with a hitch weight of 180lbs and drove it all over Arizona, Colorado including Wolf Creek Pass, I-70 to Eisenhower tunnel and Vail Pass with no problems at all. I'm guessing I'll have to slow down to 60 in the states that allow 70 to 75. Thanks for mentioning the build date it's now corrected.
    2017 Tab Basic S Silver on Silver with Sofitel Cushions....upgraded from 2013 LG 5W....Towed by a 2016 Sorento V6 AWD w/5000lb tow capacity. Dave S. married to Jen aka SanDiegoGal We pull a Tab but live in a 2014 Airstream International Signature 27 FBQ...Talk about embracing a trailer lifestyle.
  • Options
    Homebodyatheart - An ARB is like a very expensive cooler but runs on AC or DC and can be used like a freezer or fridge.
  • Options
    TabsterTabster Member Posts: 118
    Haven't had a white castle but live on In N' Out burgers. 
    2015 CS. Ford f150 v8. Southern california
  • Options
    Tabster - WCs nothin at all like any other burger at any other chain. Totally unique.
  • Options
    phulishcatphulishcat Member Posts: 89
    for those who want to know, the new venting gives super easy access to the norcold burnbox and thermocouple
  • Options
    How much are WC burgers now. I remember them at like 20 cents each.
    2020 Tiffin Open Road
    2020 Nissan Versa Toad 
    Alan & Patty
    Southern Az
  • Options
    @RollingBnB, according to my handy dandy iPhone White Castle app, the Original Slider is 73 cents. I know it is $4.90 for 2 White Castles, small fry and medium Coke with a Senior Discount. Be sure to ask for the Senior Discount if you are over 55 yrs of age. 

Funny story about living in New Jersey in the mid 80's. THEY put ketchup on their White Castles ;( . What a way to ruin a perfectly good White Castle!  I always had to remember to order them without ketchup!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    That access to the burn box would have saved me a bunch of time. Pullin the fridge - while not real hard - is a pain.