Options

New owners (almost) in Texas

bgsnmkybgsnmky Member Posts: 28
hi ya'll....we placed an order a few weeks back for a 2017 Outback T@B S....we should have her home mid to late January according to our dealer!  

We went to look at the Tag and ended up with the T@b.

choosing the color was one of the hardest...so here is what we did.  We took a picture (probably from someone here on the sight) and asks our son who is a graphic artist to change the color trim for all the possible colors.  Grey base and white base.  It was a perfect way to do it!!!  (let me know if anyone wants to borrow :)

Drummmmm......Rolllll....we ended up with silver and blue :-)

Looking forward to being part of the T@b family and already love this forum.  And I am sure will be coming back with basic questions. 

Comments

• Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    Congratulations! Hope you get your delivery date. Your T@b baby's arrival is always something to look forward to. I ordered mine last December first(12/01/15) and it didn't get to the dealer until May 11, 2016. Took delivery on May 14, 2016, but this is a slower time of year. Anticipation!
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    bgsnmky, Welcome & congrats on your new T@B. Nice choice on the colors by the way, and very inventive way to go about it. From the sounds of it, you'll fit right in here! Questions are always welcome, and answers are most times in abundance, and always helpful. Great place to come for not only help, but great ideas for modifications, and at times a good chuckle, and occasionally a really good laugh, so stick around, and join the fun! ;)  
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    Thanks guys!!!! and wow, I hope we don't have to wait that long!!!!!
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,497
    Congrats and welcome! We've got a T@B Max S on order. It was promised in February but I heard from the dealer yesterday that it might be here mid-January. We have a big RV show the end of January and I think it is coming in with their show order. This forum is the best for information, and making new friends in your area, too. Good luck with your wait!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    Congrats and welcome! We've got a T@B Max S on order. It was promised in February but I heard from the dealer yesterday that it might be here mid-January. We have a big RV show the end of January and I think it is coming in with their show order. This forum is the best for information, and making new friends in your area, too. Good luck with your wait!
    When did you find lace your Oder. 
  • Options
    We met with the dealer a couple of weeks or so before we ordered. They called and said that they were placing an order and if we wanted to add ours on there would be no shipping charge. We ordered 10/15/16 with an estimated arrival of mid-February 2017. Got the call this week it will be here mid-January. The annual big RV show is the end of January. November/December are their slowest months and since we are in snow country it was ok with us to wait. Lots to research while I wait, too! 
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    dmerzbacdmerzbac Member Posts: 289
    We met with the dealer a couple of weeks or so before we ordered. They called and said that they were placing an order and if we wanted to add ours on there would be no shipping charge. We ordered 10/15/16 with an estimated arrival of mid-February 2017. Got the call this week it will be here mid-January. The annual big RV show is the end of January. November/December are their slowest months and since we are in snow country it was ok with us to wait. Lots to research while I wait, too! 

Hmmm.....I think I need to check on this shipping thing. I was charged for shipping and my T@b is coming in with a dealer order. Mine was suppose to come off the line 12/17. I placed the order 10/20 so yours should be right in that group too I would think.  As for when it will ship, I don't know if the holiday shutdown will affect that or not. It's not big deal for me if it doesn't come in until January. I'm reading every day. So much to learn!

2017 T@b 320 - 'Smokey'  2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport - 'B@ndit'
    Dave - Tuscaloosa, Al

• Options
    HR_TalyHR_Taly Member Posts: 119
    dmerzbac said:

Hmmm.....I think I need to check on this shipping thing. I was charged for shipping and my T@b is coming in with a dealer order.
    It could be that @Homebodyatheart wasn't charged extra shipping (as for a special one-off delivery outside the normal weekly/monthly dealer shipment) which may happen for special orders.  Or maybe their dealer gave them this discount as they knew this T@b would be sold right away and not sit on the lot for a few days or weeks. 

Since you special ordered yours (and wanted delivery in just the next normal delivery not a rush special), you could always ask your dealer for a discount on the delivery or maybe on supplies, etc.  It's also possible that your "base price" was lower than Homebodyatheart's because their dealer incorporates delivery in the final price ("Here, have this discount I give everyone!".  Oh... I'm so jaded).

That being said, my dealer incorporated all delivery, prep, detailing, etc and gave me one final price without everything being itemised.  But I was happy with the price and happy knowing I wasn't going to get a sudden influx of fees at pickup (hopefully!). 

2018 T@B Max S silver and black (aka TadT@B), Full-timing since July 2017

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,449
    edited January 2017
    I agree with HR_Taly. It's really only the bottom line that matters, both to the consumer and the dealer. Trying to compare "deals" line-for-line isn't particularly meaningful, since prices can be itemized, discounted, or inflated in myriad ways.

The only items that shouldn't be factored in are tax, title, or other government mandated fees. These vary from state to state and do not reflect any additional profit on the part of the dealer.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    HR-Tally, I agree. If you are jaded, then I'm with you, too. I tried to price shop across the State and found the differences to be not quite worth the drive over and back. Eastern parts of the U.S. seem to have lower base pricing than those of us out West do. Short of taking a cross country trip, we decided to order from the dealer who would also be our service place. Made more sense in the long run. We did add some items built into the T@B, so in a sense it was a special order, but it was placed with the dealers late October order, no rush. I also asked when ordering what items the dealer will "throw in" at delivery, as I've read here some do. Ours does not, but gives a $55 credit in their parts store, along with a standard 10% discount on future work and purchases. The $55 won't go far, bit it will help with the initial stuff on my list. Hope this helps to clarify. When is your MaxS due to arrive? 
  • Options
    PlaycPlayc Member Posts: 234
    congratulations on your new T@B.  We are in Austin /Houston area and camp at Galveston island state park 2 weeks ago.  Hope to meet you someday . 
    2015 S Sofitel, Austin/Houston
  • Options
    2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 911
    @Homebodyatheart - Great news that it is coming soon!  Be sure to bring pics to our Feb Breakfast!
    2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

• Options
    Playc said:
    congratulations on your new T@B.  We are in Austin /Houston area and camp at Galveston island state park 2 weeks ago.  Hope to meet you someday . 
    sweet - hope to meet you too!!!  

I am getting so anxious :-)
  • Options
    2Cougs I can't believe it is almost here! And yes, I will have pics! Thanks!
  • Options
    PlaycPlayc Member Posts: 234
    Looking forward to the photos .   what's the color ? 
    2015 S Sofitel, Austin/Houston
  • Options
    Playc, silver with cherry red trim. It isn't here yet, so sadly no pics. I can't bring her home yet anyway, too much snow and a concrete pad issue.
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Patience, Becky, patience. You should see mine, it's home, and it would take a LOT of shoveling to even think about getting it out! I can see you pacing the floor, waiting for the first robins to show up in spring! :) [Actually, I'm right there with you] I'd like to comment further, but right now I have to go out and dig my driveway out that our helpful snowplows just plowed back in after I got it totally cleared out yesterday! :o:s:D
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf