Options

Camped in the Driveway

LauraReyLauraRey Member Posts: 338
edited December 2016 in Camping & Travel
I camped in my driveway last night.  The temps have moderated a bit and the trailer was cozy.  Everything was as expected.  I did have to dash into the house at 1:00 a.m. for uhm...plumbing.   The only things we learned was that the bed over the Alde gets warmer than the other side.  And that the cushions are pretty firm for sleeping, so I'll haul out my camping foam for next time.

We watched an episode of Stargate SG-1 while eating dinner.  (We're introducing our daughter to the series.)   Definitely had to crack the windows because that trailer is tightly constructed.  And slept.  Well, ok she slept and took up the whole bed.  I kept waking up to make sure she was warm enough. LOL 

What an amazing little camper the T@B is!  

Red and White, 2017 Max S being towed by a 2014 Honda Ridgeline.  Hello Mountains!

Comments

• Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    LauraRey, You are exactly right when you say tightly constructed. Whenever you have the heat on, make sure to either crack open a window, or the top vent. If 'ya don't, it will look like a rain forest inside the next morning! Ask my wife and step daughter about that one after they driveway camped with the heat on. Took a large bath towel to dry the inside off. ;)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Never had the condensation issue - Must be a two-person issue or you're heavy breathers :-)
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,497
    Laura, sounds like a fun night for both of you, great memories for sure! Good to know about the heat disbursement under the benches. When we get our T@B that'll be my side so DH doesn't roast and I don't freeze. We thank you for your research!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    Fatman1966Fatman1966 Member Posts: 145
    Sounds like a good time. We have done the same many times when we had camping fever but just coulbnt get away. 
  • Options
    TulsaTimeTulsaTime Member Posts: 21
    I've spent many nights next to my house.  I too noticed that the mattress needs more foam, so I added a 2 inch latex foam topper to it and covered both with a fitted sheet.  I also learned not to use the humidifier on my CPAP machine with the windows closed.
  • Options
    AllieAllie Member Posts: 194
    There will be a ton of company coming my way in February.  I have a sleeping crunch for a few days during that time.  Relegating Condo as a spare bedroom and bathroom during that time.  They will be in the garage, but have all the comforts of home.  Quick way to turn a 4 BR/2BA home into a 5BR/3BA home in a jiffy.
    Allie
    Condo A-Go-Go
    2018 Casita Spirit Dlx (KONDO)
    2017 Tacoma (AH GOGO)
    S. UTAH
  • Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    I used the T@Bpole last month when I had a cold and was waking up coughing.  I moved out there so the wife could get some sleep.  It is nice having that extra space.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA