Options

New T@b S Max Owner

TwinpsbTwinpsb Member Posts: 28
We just purchased our new 2017 T@b S Max this weekend and now have to wait a few months to use it because of winter weather. We are so excited about it! One thing we wondered about when looking at the outside AC lovers, will the AC unit leak inside with a driving rain? It appears that it would. Thanks.
H@zel is our 2017 T@b S Max Silver/Red Trim; TV 2014 Dodge Grand Caravan
Jersey Shore

Comments

• Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,357
    Will not be a problem. The edge of the opening behind the grill is sealed with aluminum tape. Any water that enters would simply go to the A/C drip pan and exit the T@B though the drain hose. Search "removing the air conditioning unit" for more info and photos.
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    edited January 2017
    And, if you're really worried about it you can get an AC snap-on cover from the factory. Search AC (or A/C) cover to see pics. Some of us have also built our own covers and you should find those also. I use my cover mainly to keep cold winds from blowing in through that opening.
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,497
    Congratulations and welcome! I hope to see pics of your new T@B when you can. Ours comes in a few weeks, but until the snow melts we are both grounded for the winter! What color is your T@B?
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Twinpsb, Welcome aboard!
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    Thank you all so much for your help and welcoming. We will check for the cover.  I look forward to reading this forum. Happy traveling!
    Jersey Shore
  • Options
    BTW ours is silver and red and we use a 2014 Dodge Grand Caravan from the Jersey shore.
    Jersey Shore
  • Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    Twinpsb said:
    We just purchased our new 2017 T@b S Max this weekend and now have to wait a few months to use it because of winter weather. We are so excited about it! One thing we wondered about when looking at the outside AC lovers, will the AC unit leak inside with a driving rain? It appears that it would. Thanks.
    Welcome aboard.

Pictures or it didn't happen!  Where are you coming from that winter has you down for a couple more months?

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    Boo, thanks. That is basically exactly what my husband did, so I'm sure that will help.  We are at the Jersey shore. We have a very old Great Dane. When he passes, we hope to travel south and start enjoying our Tab we have named Hazel. Meanwhile we are getting it all set up. So exciting!
    Jersey Shore
  • Options
    SandiegogalSandiegogal Member Posts: 127
    A little late to the party...Congratulations! 

Living in our Airstream, traveling in our 2017 T@B Basic S 
    Married to Dave-aka, ds@work
  • Options
    Thanks. I'd love to post a pic, but I'm very computer illiterate. But we love it. We took it out last weekend, just locally, to practice backing up. Loads of fun!
    Jersey Shore
  • Options
    I have another question. We have the 2017 T@b S Max. To hook and unhook the bungee cord holding the TV is a real bear. Any suggestions? Has anyone done any things to help with this. I know it's small thing, but it is annoying.
    Jersey Shore
  • Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,357
    The bungee cord will stretch out over time.  Perhaps stretch it out, secure both ends and leave for a day or so?
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • Options
    RollingBnBRollingBnB Member Posts: 322
    Twinpsb said:
    I have another question. We have the 2017 T@b S Max. To hook and unhook the bungee cord holding the TV is a real bear. Any suggestions? Has anyone done any things to help with this. I know it's small thing, but it is annoying.

I just added a small key ring to the lower hook. Made it easier to hook the bungee to the wall.
    2020 Tiffin Open Road
    2020 Nissan Versa Toad 
    Alan & Patty
    Southern Az
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Twinpsb said:

I just added a small key ring to the lower hook. Made it easier to hook the bungee to the wall.
    Good idea!
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    I guess I'm lazy. I stretch the bungee and let it slide behind the TV. Not much effort and I always know where the end is--where it belongs!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    I'm not sure how I'm going to attach the TV down in the new camper. I have a horizontal mount on a small table located at the end of the bed. The base of the TV is on the table, but it still has a mount behind it clamped to the reinforced table. I'm wondering if that's enough (my T@Bitha TV mount wasn't as beefy as this one).
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    marknjudymarknjudy Member Posts: 378
    I fight with that bungee too. My big old meathooks just won't quite fit. I haven't followed through on this yet, but I'm planning to change it out for the kind of nylon straps that Velcro together in the middle. I can't think of a better way to describe it, but hope that makes sense.
    Mark - 2016 T@b Max S (Silver/Red), 2012 F-150
  • Options
    Thanks to all Great help.
    Jersey Shore