Options

Retro fit door

I watched the video of the new T@B 400 with Scott Hubble, and he mentioned that the 400 model door would be soon introduced on the other T@B models. My question would be: Can that door be retro fitted into the older 320 model T@Bs, including the CS, S, Outback, and other models, and, if so, will it be available to order separately from NUCAMP RV for those models? 
2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
Spokane, Wa.
Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Eric, my take on Scott's comment was that there will be door like (or similar) available soon for the T@B 320. I do not know the definition of "soon". I do believe it is too soon right now with the setup of the production line for the 400. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Verna said:
    Eric, my take on Scott's comment was that there will be door like (or similar) available soon for the T@B 320. I do not know the definition of "soon". I do believe it is too soon right now with the setup of the production line for the 400. 
    I asked a similar question about the propane tub and the answer I got was that the tub and if I recall correctly, the door were being designed so the parts would fit both T@bs. It was a while back so I can't remember for sure.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    jkjenn said:
    I asked a similar question about the propane tub and the answer I got was that the tub and if I recall correctly, the door were being designed so the parts would fit both T@bs. It was a while back so I can't remember for sure.
    That would make sense from a manufacturing point of view. 
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Verna, I would agree that the set-up for the production of the 400 would be the priority right now, I was just wondering if the availability was going to come about at all, and if anyone had heard any additional news. Thanks to both Jkjenn, and Photomom for their input as well. I guess my other question would be if the existing screen door would clear the new door with the added extensions on it when closed?
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    ericnliz said:
    I guess my other question would be if the existing screen door would clear the new door with the added extensions on it when closed?
    I doubt it. The screen is VERY close to the door surface now. But OTOH if the door is closed you don't need to close the screen door.
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    Photomom, true, I'm thinking about the one time the well seasoned person might forgetfully shut it when the screen is in the bug proof position. =) Oh, and by the way, Jkjenn, I would also be curious to see what the new tub looks like as well. If anyone happens to get a glance at it, could you please post a photo. Thanks. 
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    ericnliz said:
    Photomom, true, I'm thinking about the one time the well seasoned person might forgetfully shut it when the screen is in the bug proof position. =) Oh, and by the way, Jkjenn, I would also be curious to see what the new tub looks like as well. If anyone happens to get a glance at it, could you please post a photo. Thanks. 
    I am planning on being at Hadocey in Columbus on Friday, I will try to get some photos. It probably won't have a battery in it, yet.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    Thanks Jkjenn!
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    @ericnliztrip was delayed a week. It was originally planned for this coming Saturday, then I thought I was going to bump it up to help out a family member with something in Ohio, but that didn't materialize, so sticking with original date. Will post after next weekend.

• Options
    Bill_CochraneBill_Cochrane Member Posts: 103
    edited March 2018
    any update if the 320 will have the option for a 400 type door storage unit available for purchase?
    2017 White with Black T@B Outb@ck, Max S ( rec'd on May 2nd, 2017)
    TV is a 2017 White Honda Ridgeline, Detroit Auto Show North American Truck of the Year  Love it. 

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    The April/May timeframe is when the news comes out about the new year’s model changes. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”