Options

New T@B...yaay!!

Hi all!!

Have been visiting as a 'guest' for a while and signed up so I could thank the contributors for the wealth of information in this forum. Finally pulled the trigger and went for a 2017 T@B M@X Q!!! :o=)
I am sure that there will be even more questions once spring (finally) gets here (maybe even sooner?) and with it the inaugural "T@B-out".. Still very green as this is the 1st ever  camper for me..in fact not even decided on a name, which apparently is mandatory... :)

~fun2travel

50 states, 50 countries and counting... :)

Comments

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    edited January 2017
    Welcome aboard - Congrats.
    And no, names aren't even remotely required - In fact, some of us think it's silly - Yes, I'm the name curmudgeon :-) 
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Congrats!!!!!
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    TwinpsbTwinpsb Member Posts: 28
    Welcome. This is a great place for info and to answer all of your questions. Have fun setting your new home away from home up. Enjoy!
    H@zel is our 2017 T@b S Max Silver/Red Trim; TV 2014 Dodge Grand Caravan
    Jersey Shore
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    fun2travel, Welcome, and congrats! All questions are welcome. Names aren't mandatory, but just for fun. If nothing else, camp in the driveway as many of us have to just get acquainted with your new T@B. Makes for a great test run just to get used to all the new toys inside to enjoy. Have fun, and if you're not sure about something, ask away! ;)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    fun2travelfun2travel Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for the warm welcome! Like the idea of a trial run in the yard, so might do that soon. Just got a cover for the winter, and looking at the tent options..

Plan is to start off slow (couple of weekend trips) and move in a couple of moths to lo...ng (4 week or more) trips

So far the preliminary questions are fairly open-ended. I know everyone has a different priority/perspective so this is more of an attempt to get different views / pros and cons if you will -
    1) Pahaque (or any other?) T@B tent OR an easy-up with screen and/or walls
    2) Porta-potty or not
    3) Connectivity on the road and in campgrounds ( phone and internet)

I am researching the forum for past discussions and not expecting spoon-feeding, just thought I'd share what's on my mind..and see if there are other more obvious priorities I am missing for consideration

Also looking for 'gently-used' T@B stuff on sale..e.g. tent, visor, etc..
    ~fun2travel

• Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,497
    edited February 2017
    Congratulations and welcome! The search feature works pretty well on this forum, and here's a link to Jenn Grover's blog full of T@B info.
    We will sign for ours tomorrow I think, but can't bring her home till winter melts. I can visit, though! Enjoy your new adventures!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    ontheroadontheroad Member Posts: 485
    fun2travel, Jenn Grover also has an app in Windows 10 store called "T@b  Ready",  good reads
    Former 2017 T@G Max XL
    2021 T@B Boondock CS-S
    2018 Nissan Pathfinder
    Ontario, Canada
  • Options
    fun2travelfun2travel Member Posts: 3
    Thank you for the links - there was a LOT of great info - tips and tricks and must haves and such. Got the fun "tab-lights" gotta have those... :)
  • Options
    2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 911
    @Homebodyatheart- It is in the 509?!  Congrats.  Let me know and we can go have coffee in the dealer's parking lot and have a "house warming" if it ever stops snowing!!!
    2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

• Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,497
    2Cougs, still haven't signed. Was sick last weekend, today were sort of snowed in and didn't want to wander too far. RnR in Liberty Lake is where it gets to live till the snow goes away and our contractor pours the cement from the driveway to the T@bode. Minor details... I do get to visit it though! I'd love to meet up!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    2Cougs, and Homebodyatheart, 'Ya don't need to have coffee in the parking lot at RnR, there's a diner right behind the parts department. Liz & I have had free bar-b-que there when we were first looking at our T@B. If you're out & about today, be really careful! Most places there's a thin layer of ice on top of both the snow& roads. 'Ya don't need to ask how I know that.  :o;)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    Thanks for the warm welcome! Like the idea of a trial run in the yard, so might do that soon. Just got a cover for the winter, and looking at the tent options..

Plan is to start off slow (couple of weekend trips) and move in a couple of moths to lo...ng (4 week or more) trips

So far the preliminary questions are fairly open-ended. I know everyone has a different priority/perspective so this is more of an attempt to get different views / pros and cons if you will -
    1) Pahaque (or any other?) T@B tent OR an easy-up with screen and/or walls
    2) Porta-potty or not
    3) Connectivity on the road and in campgrounds ( phone and internet)

I am researching the forum for past discussions and not expecting spoon-feeding, just thought I'd share what's on my mind..and see if there are other more obvious priorities I am missing for consideration

Also looking for 'gently-used' T@B stuff on sale..e.g. tent, visor, etc..
    ~fun2travel

I have a DM Clam and the portapotty has a permanent spot. Love it! Use it for #1 over night. I really love the Pahaque Visor. Along the east coast, I have found that a combination of T-Mobile  with data and a Verizon MiFi give me good connectivity.
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL