Options

Az campground pictures

RollingBnBRollingBnB Member Posts: 322
edited February 2017 in Camping & Travel
Look at the pic's this cg is using at the bottom of the page.
https://www.clarkdalerv.com/amenities/
2020 Tiffin Open Road
2020 Nissan Versa Toad 
Alan & Patty
Southern Az

Comments

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Isn't the one off the T@B site - If so, copyright infringement if they didn't get permission
  • Options
    Me_and_My_DogMe_and_My_Dog Member Posts: 184
    Pretty shady advertising. But you can hardly blame them. Every scene looks better with a T@B in it.
    Katt and Miss Cannoli the Zen Dog
    2008 DM T@DA — Towed by 2014 Dodge Durango — Full time since 6/29/17
    "Travels With The Tiny"
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    edited February 2017
    The two photos are from Little Guy's website advertisement. We wouldn't know if they had permission to use the photos. 

We certainly didn't have that much grass or trees at Tabazona 2017 ;)
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    No, we don't know but usually if there is permission there's a credit line or a copyright notice or something. Small companies usually don't have a clue about copyright infringement and it can cost them. Treble damages in many cases. I got an infringer for $10 grand back in the 80s.
    Met a photographer a few weeks ago that sells his prints for $3K. Unauthorised use would start at $3k + court costs and could go to $9k if trebled and more depending on how it was used.
    Even if you "hire" a photographer it doen't mean you own the copyright.
    Being a graphic designer, I delt with copyright all the time photographers, illustrators, writers, etc.
  • Options
    phulishcatphulishcat Member Posts: 89
    Clarkdale is a beautiful area but would have snow during T@bazona.
  • Options
    RollingBnBRollingBnB Member Posts: 322
    Clarkdale is a beautiful area but would have snow during T@bazona.

We were just looking for someplace to meet our friends from Ca. in March and came across this place. Shocked to see the very same pics from Little Guy web site used to sell camp sites.
    2020 Tiffin Open Road
    2020 Nissan Versa Toad 
    Alan & Patty
    Southern Az
  • Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    Looking over their site, seems they have simply pulled images from the internet for everything.  Looks like they also really like the T@B, as they use it in their logo as well.

Campground itself looks OK, it is dirt cheap at $20 a night for full hook-ups.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    Looks like some of the photos have been digitally manipulated so they're not exactly the same - still not okay without permission.
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    TabberJohnTabberJohn Member Posts: 588
    edited February 2017

This is no doubt a small family business with a DIY website, blissfully unaware of the "borrowed image" copyright issue -- just like hundreds of thousands of other sites, blogs, FB, and forum posts. Clarkdale RV Park is probably enamored by the teardrop concept and get a warm fuzzy feeling whenever a T@B visits their campground.

If I were a pro photographer or in business selling images or advertising I'd take offense and follow legal means to resolve the issue or remove content.
    But if I were a manufacturer I'd consider it free viral exposure. "Wow, who makes those cute teardrop campers?" :)

If you don't want your website content, FB, or forum posts scrutinized, hacked, misquoted, or borrowed by potentially millions -- don't post anything online.
    ©TabberJohn ;)

2015 T@B Max S (White/Silver) -> 2014 Ford Escape 2.0L (turbo, AWD, factory tow)
  • Options
    Viral marketing value ONLY if it's identified or contact info included. Otherwise useless.
    Just because you're small doesn't mean you don't need to obey laws - ignorance isn't an excuse.
  • Options
    marknjudymarknjudy Member Posts: 378
    Enamored or not, I think I would be ticked if I booked a site there thinking there would be trees and grass (yeah, I know... Arizona, but still). If they weren't interested in professional photographers, why not just snap a few on your phone? Or, what we did in a small company making sales brochures, got to the dozens of sites where you can buy images for a couple of dollars each?
    Mark - 2016 T@b Max S (Silver/Red), 2012 F-150