Options

Visor?

2»

Comments

• Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,670
    I have good hands and I have problems with that last one inch going into the "flap".  Now I'm wondering if the whole process would be easier if I put the pole in the pocket and flaps and then insert the whole thing into the keder rail..........dang it, I'll have to take the trailer somewhere and test!
    2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @pthomas745, I've tried it both ways and putting the part in the Keder rail is easier for me. Re-read my instructions as I'm going to add one more sentence. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    dmerzbacdmerzbac Member Posts: 289
    @Verna Thanks for the idea of using ratchet straps instead attaching at the  lower keder rails. I was having problems with the visor blowing over the top on my last trip. The straps will take care of that.

2017 T@b 320 - 'Smokey'  2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport - 'B@ndit'
    Dave - Tuscaloosa, Al

• Options
    JustJohnJustJohn Member Posts: 171
    Newfisher said:
    10 min?! The video shows 2:40 and I think that is a little long. I have sprayed dry silicone in the kedder rail and the visor bead before using it and have no problems with the XL visor.
    Do you have a link to the video? That might be helpful to those having problems.
    2016 Outback.....North East N.C...... Former 2012 Silver Shadow
  • Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    It is possible to cut off a little bit of the rod. Say a 1/4". Rethreading the elastic cord can be a little challenging but doable.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    rtolanrtolan Member Posts: 23
    I started this thread and am sooo grateful to all with your great suggestions. I have one other issue. I bought the  visor used and one of the plastic end caps was missing from one end of the pole. Can you buy the end caps somewhere? No one at the hardware store had a suggestion. Thanks all.
  • Options
    NewfisherNewfisher Member Posts: 105
    ^^^^ Try an automotive parts supploer and ask them for an engine vacuum cap. They come in several sizes and mostly black in color. A couple drops of super glue in the cap before you slide it on the end of the rod.
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,506
    edited June 2017
    If that does not work out, contact PahaQue.  

Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio